We are actively recruiting for a talented and experienced Sister/Charge Nurses
At HCA Healthcare UK, leading innovation, delivering outstanding quality care, and continuous investment in our patients and employees is what stands our hospital group apart in the Independent Healthcare Sector.
Due to exciting business growth and our visionary patient-centric focus, HCA Healthcare UK hospitals are delivering specialist care pathways by forming dedicated centres of excellence.
Investment and executive support are enhancing our services at Princess Grace Hospital to deliver as an unrivalled centralised facility for innovative complex surgeries and medical procedures, predominantly concerning Women’s Health. This vision emphasises outstanding patient experience at Princess Grace Hospital and launches a new opportunities to join our inter-professional team for specialist career development in Nursing.
Title: Sister/Charge Nurse
- Princess Grace Hospital, London Medical District
- Working Pattern: Combination of earlies, lates and nights, will include some weekends.
- Permanent Contract; Full Time, 37.5 hours per week. Part-time requests are also welcomed.
- Competitive Salary, C£40000 - £45000, depending on skills and experience.
- Additional Shift Enhancement will also be paid for out of hours
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career with development pathways, access to further education and internal promotion opportunities across our group.
This is a great time to join. You will get to lead, innovate and shape the future of this new ward.
Summary of role
- Working on a 26-bed private patient exclusive first-class facility, allocated for Breast, Gynae, and Urology with a low patient to nurse ratio numbers, you and your team will have the time to care for patients, and will be surrounded by a dedicated specialist team including; Clinical Nurse Specialists, dedicated Clinical Practice Facilitators, Ward Manager and Matron.
- Having this strong network around you, you fully meet the needs of your patients and their families and build stringent client relationships with private practice Medical Consultants.
- As a Sister/Charge Nurse, your objective will support the management team in the running of the unit, to deliver outstanding clinical practice at all time. You will manage, support and coach, nurture and develop nurses and healthcare assistants. This includes the recruitment of new members to your ward.
- Demonstrate a motivational example to focus on the private patient experience, patient outcomes, quality care initiatives. Promote and encourage internal development, training and recognition to others, when going above and beyond in their roles.
- You will manage efficient use of the available resources and budget to deliver a high-end customer service personalised safe and professional care and promote effective communication and teamwork. You will promote a culture of inspiring leadership so that everyone is empowered and encouraged to work collaborative and strive for clinical excellence. This includes deputising for the Ward Manager on occasion. Lead on the development of services, new ways of working and the implementation of change.
This is an exciting time to join.
To apply for this role, successful applicants will need:
To be Adult Register NMC Nurse, degree level qualified desirable, but not essential.Evidence of post-qualification professional development and working towards higher education. A broad range Surgical Ward experience, including supervising and training of others.
Happy to work with some medical patient services also.
Passionate about Women’s Health Services, able to consistently strive for clinical excellence, a role model to others and team player, focused on always delivering a high-end customer service to patients, with complex surgical and some medical needs.