Senior Staff Nurse
The Marillac Neurological Care Centre provides 24 hour nursing and therapy services for people over the age of 18 with complex neurological conditions. Nurses at the Marillac are given the opportunity to be the main source of expertise on particular areas of specialism which, offers exciting training opportunities as well as, new knowledge and skills to contribute to your development as an RGN.
We are looking for an exceptional Registered Nurse to promote our philosophy of care, ensuring that residents receive holistic, client centred care that promotes safeguarding, dignity and health well-being at all times. Nurses are expected to work with their clinical team to assess the care needs for our residents with neurological and physical disability as well as develop, implement and evaluate the programmes of care for these residents.
To work as an RGN for the Marillac you must:
- Take a person centred approach (Take the time to get to know and understand each resident on your unit).
- Provide effective leadership to other nurses, student nurses and care staff.
- Protect and support the health of all individual residents.
- Work in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Professional Conduct.
- Be respectful to all members of staff, residents and visitors.
- Work in accordance with the companies policies and procedures.
- Complete the Marillac NCC induction programme and yearly mandatory training as well as any additional training that may be required of you as an RGN.
- Have a strong passion and willingness to care for vulnerable adults with neurological and physical disabilities.
Your Working Relationships Would Be:
- Head of Care, Unit Managers and Unit Clerks
- Consultants and GPs
- Therapists and Supporting Workers (In-house and externally)
- Marillac administration staff
- Social Services
- Primary Care Trusts & Review panel members
- External Health & Social care personnel
- Housekeeping, Laundry, Catering and Maintenance Services
The Marillac Offers:
- Free uniform
- Free parking
- Free ongoing training, mandatory and additional
- Yearly CQC conference opportunities
- Paid Breaks
- Royal London Pension Scheme for RNs
- A friendly and caring work environment
- Opportunity for progression
- Assigned Registered Nurses for mentors
- Flexible working hours
Successful employment is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service carried out by the Marillac as well as two acceptable references and a full Occupational Health check.