Bank Oncology Nurse
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly-skilled, motivated, confident nurse to join our Oncology team. We are looking for a dynamic, experienced individual who is productive, patient-focused and committed to treat our patients with the best possible care. Continue your journey with us whilst we'll support you to be your best.
Why Nuffield Health?
At Nuffield Health, you'll find the support, training, generous benefits package and respect for balance that will enable you to enjoy a healthy work life.
This is an exciting time for us and it could be for you too. Our vision is to transform healthcare in the UK and deliver health as it should be. Our approach is unique - we're bringing together assessment, treatment and prevention services to provide truly integrated care.
As the UK's leading not-for-profit healthcare organisation, every penny we make is reinvested in our resources. It means that together, we can all do the right thing for our patients and employees.
Nuffield Health is committed to equal opportunities in the recruitment, training, and development of our employees. We have a duty to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for disclosure on successful candidates.
About the Role
This staff nurse (Bank) post will support the Oncology Manager in the development and expansion of the Oncology service.
Our Oncology day unit treats a variety of cancers including Breast, Pancreatic, GI and Haematological cancers. Our patients that require high dose chemotherapy as inpatients are cared for on the inpatient ward. You will work within a team of skilled chemotherapy nurses as well as part of a Multi-disciplinary team ensuring that our patients are treated with the best possible care. You will work predominantly work on the inpatient ward to administer and care for patients having chemotherapy offering you an exciting opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge within Cancer Care.
You should have a minimum of two year's oncology experience including the administration of Chemotherapy and be proficient in phlebotomy, cannulation and Central Venous Access Devices. A Cancer qualification is desirable.
There are plenty of opportunities for staff to develop their knowledge and skills and you will be offered support for your on-going professional development.
- We are looking for an experienced Oncology Nurse to join our Oncology department.
- You will be responsible for delivering quality nursing care in line with hospital standards, current government and N.I.C.E guidelines for patients requiring cytotoxic chemotherapy, through assessment of patient's needs, implementation of care and evaluation of progress and clinical outcome.
- You will ensure appropriate patient and family information, advice and support is available to individuals requiring cytotoxic chemotherapy.
- You will have the time to put patients first - our reputation depends upon it.
You'll enjoy working in an innovative, clean, modern working environment, while benefiting from support and training opportunities, plus the time and nurse-patient ratio that ensures the highest standards of care.
- Holiday in line with the Working Time Directive.
- Access to our Pension Scheme.
- Discounted gym membership at £15.00 a month that they need to set up directly with the club. Discount does not extend to partners and family members.
Working on the bank means you are not contracted to a set number of hours per week but instead work on an ad-hoc basis to suit the needs of the business and your availability.
Salary - £15.38 per hour
Location - Cambridge Hospital
Bank Contract, various hours
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.