Clinical Nurse Educator
Clinical Nurse Educator
Bupa Cromwell Hospital, London
£45000 per annum
Full time / 37.5 hours per week
£2500 Golden Handshake
Up to £5,000 towards Relocation Costs
Close Date For Applications: 21st September 2020
Interviews Will Be Held On: 2nd October 2020
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in
We’re an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we’re committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
What you'll be doing
To manage the educational requirements of the nursing team within oncology. The Clinical Nurse Educator role focuses on building the capacity and capability of nursing workforce through the delivery of high-quality care, safe and effective clinical teaching and learning programmes within the care division. Working with the Lead for Practice Development and the oncology team the post holder will work alongside nurses and other healthcare practitioners to develop the high-quality care expected at Bupa Cromwell Hospital. Assist in identifying and defining areas for improvement and develop targeted teaching and learning activities to facilitate improvement
What’s a typical day?
A typical day will require you to help foster a supportive working environment and maintenance of staff morale through mutual regard and respect recognising and valuing contributions from individuals within the team.
Participate in the practice of nursing by undertaking direct clinical practice on a weekly basis. You will devise an audit schedule to assess all nursing interventions and patient outcomes, working with Oncology manager and departmental managers to address areas of concern and assist in the development and maintenance of evidence-based resources for practice including clinical guidelines, proficiencies, competencies and polices. You will provide sound clinical leadership and develop support mechanisms for sharing good practice within the directorate and help support departmental managers to co-ordinate nurse induction programmes and orientation programmes. You will also help design, plan and manage educational programmes that enhance and promote clinical competency and standards of care whilst making sure you are following established policies, procedures, professional guidelines and evidence-based practice to align education goals with business needs.
Who we’re looking for?
- Adult Registered Nurse
- Post Grad Teaching qualification – NMC Registration.
- ENB Mentorship Qualification / or equivalent
- 3-4 years in a leadership role
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Systemic Anti-Cancer Treatment (SACT) competency
- Experience with Stem Cell / JACIE
- Extensive knowledge of Oncology and SACT
- Experience as change agent
- Knowledge and understanding of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Knowledge of NMC revalidation process and sign off
- Regulatory bodies framework and best practice guidelines
- Experience of people management
- Experience in dealing with poor performance
- Highly engaging, proactive and motivated to deliver high standards of nursing care.
Though we’re looking for the above, if you feel you have the necessary experience, we’d still like to hear from you.
What’s it like to work here?
As you’ll already know, we want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- Within our Oncology department, all Clinical staff trained in the Gold standard framework
- www.ourbupa.co.uk – website for our clinicians that supports learning, promotes CPD and creates an online clinical community
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CPD
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing after 5 years’ service
- Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday
- You’re paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Discounted gym membership
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free health assessment
- Free massage carried out by our in-house therapy team
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test plus contribution to cost of glasses
- Dry cleaning discounts
- Access to health minds service and 24/7 anytime Health line
- Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Bupa Boost app
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle2work scheme
- Annual awards ceremony and long service awards
- Paid career breaks
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.