Senior Staff Nurse - Intensive Care / Critical Care
Senior Staff Nurse - ICU
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington London
Permanent, Fulltime 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £40,223- £46,927 per annum
£1,100 Shift Allowance
£2,500 Golden Handshake
In shaping the unique beginnings of our new Intensive Care Unit, we are continuously searching for exceptional Senior Staff Nurses who will set an exemplary nursing care to our team and patients.
Bupa Cromwell Hospital
We are an internationally recognised private hospital located in the heart of Kensington, providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We're one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
Intensive Care Unit
Our Adult Intensive Care Unit is a brand new state of the art facility in our Cromwell Hospital. Our unit has 10 single beds and our nurses care for level 3 and level 2 patients with a range of medical and surgical conditions that require a high level of medical and nursing support. Various specialisms also involve Cardiothoracic surgery, Lung surgery, Renal Transplant, Liver Robotics, Orthopaedics, Neuro and Maxillofacial.
The unit delivers safe, high quality care whilst providing a supported environment to the nursing team. Apart from the specialist and educational nurse, the unit also prides itself in its MDT which consists of Doctors, Pharmacists, Dieticians, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Infection Control & Tissue Viability Nurses.
What you'll be doing:
In conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for the assessment, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for critically ill adults. You will also ensure that appropriate arrangements are in place for patients being discharged to hospital wards or referred hospitals. You will act as an effective role model and effective mentor supervising junior staff and unqualified staff in all aspects of care. Participate in the audits, projects, local teaching programmes and development planning. You will also be involved in the dissemination of new information regarding new or updated clinical practices / guidelines / policies to all nursing staff
We'll support you!
It's a rewarding role, you'll be able to see first hand how patients benefit from your
care. In this department, you'll have a support network around you, giving you the time to dedicate to each patient. We operate on a 4:3 model with 2 Supernumerary in charge staff so support is always on hand. You'll be provided with resources to develop personally and professionally, with access to internal and external courses so there's always opportunity for you to grow and develop. We also provide a 24/7 Outreach service in which you may potentially develop to.
Who are we looking for?
- Adult General Nurse with an active NMC pin
- Completed Mentorship course (or equivalent)
- Completed ICU course
- Significant experience OR exposure of working as a Intensive Care Senior Staff Nurse
- Currently in a substantive nursing role
- Ideally, past involvements in audits and projects
- Experience of supporting junior team members
- Excellent team player with great written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to develop both professionally and personally
Benefits, include but not limited to:
- £2,500 Golden Handshake (taxed, Ts and Cs apply)
- Annual Staff Bonus Scheme
- Medical treatment discount for employees and immediate family
- Bupa Staff Health Trust
- Bupa Staff Dental Plan
- Payment for Professional Registration Fees after 12 months service
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday each year (increasing after 5 years' service)
- Option to buy and sell 5 days holiday days annual leave
- Opportunity to request for an extended period leave
- Generous 'Refer a Friend' Scheme
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- Internal and external training opportunities
To find more information, for an informal discussion before applying, please contact Joan-Eric on 07562210958 / Joan-
(Please ignore the closing date below)