Senior Staff Nurse (RGN) - Leamington Spa
Nuffield Health is Britain’s largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as a Senior Staff Nurse in our Chemotherapy Nursing department in Warwickshire Hospital and play your part in building a healthier nation.
Nuffield Health Warwickshire Hospital offers the latest facilities and technology for the care of patients from Leamington Spa, Coventry, Kenilworth, Stratford and surrounding areas with a wide range of surgical and medical requirements.
Our specialities include orthopaedics, spinal surgery, eye care, oncology, diagnostic imaging and general surgery. We have made this hospital available to NHS trusts to support patients with the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, cancer and other urgent health conditions. We are open for new referrals and are offering online consultations to our patients, working with the NHS to determine the most clinically appropriate diagnostic tests
Whether you join us from the NHS or a private setting, we will give you the greatest opportunities to fulfil your passion for nursing and grow your career. You will have the chance to inspire others to deliver the highest standards of patient care.
The unit treats a variety of cancers including Haematology, Breast, Cervical, Ovarian, Pancreatic, GI/Colorectal and Prostate. You will work within a team of skilled chemotherapy nurses as well as part of a Multi-disciplinary team ensuring that our patients are treated with the best possible care. You will also assist with outpatient clinics, offering you an exciting opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge within Cancer Care.
As a Senior Staff Nurse you will;
- Lead by example and be an ambassador for the Nuffield Health way of caring, supporting the Oncology Lead Nurse in the development and expansion of the Oncology service.
- Recognise talent, nurture junior members of staff and mentor them to be the best nurses they can be.
- Use clinical skills and an empathetic approach to meet each individual patient’s need.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team and work with some of the best clinical talent around to experience new practices, equipment and facilities.
- Provide day-to-day supervision, including clinical supervision of junior nursing staff and students.
- Work scheduling and rotas; involvement in recruitment, induction and performance reviews, training, development and mentoring.
There are plenty of opportunities for staff to develop their knowledge and skills and you will be offered support for your on-going professional development.
To succeed as a Senior Staff Nurse you will;
- Be NMC registered and be a qualified nurse.
- Have a minimum of two year’s oncology experience including the administration of Chemotherapy and be proficient in phlebotomy, cannulation and Central Venous Access Devices. You need to hold or be working towards a SACT qualification.
- Have experience of haemato-oncology, plus further professional training and experience. Preferably, a qualification in a specialist area.
- Have excellent clinical skills and experience in a mentoring role.
We want you to be the best you can be. We promise that we will support you with training opportunities, career development options and our unique health & wellbeing focused benefits package. This includes free membership across all of our Fitness & Wellbeing clubs, along with free private healthcare. Not only this but we also offer a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
For more information and to apply, please click the apply button.