Senior Staff Nurse and Nursing Sister/Midwife - Falkland Islands
King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Stanley. Falkland Islands
Are you an experienced nurse with a ‘can do’ attitude and excellent people skills keen to embrace the opportunity to work in a small team making a difference to our community?
Are you ready for the adventure of living in a beautiful, fascinating and unique country?
If so, look no further than this advertisement…
The King Edward VII Memorial Hospital (KEMH) has excellent opportunities over the next few months for nurses interested in expanding their horizons to live and work in our beautiful islands.
The KEMH is the present base for all the Islands Health services. We are looking at developing the nursing care provision and want to recruit the right applicants to fill the following posts:
- Staff Nurse – based in the 29 bed ward welcoming all inpatient admissions whatever the patient’s age or condition as well as providing out of hours urgent care and work closely with the community team
- Nursing Sister/Midwife – dual qualified and registered, you will work in the nursing team and with KEMH colleagues to provide nursing and midwifery care .
- Initial 2-4 Years Fixed Term Contract, with potential for extension by mutual agreement.
- Competitive Salary, starting salaries will be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and your dependents, including mid-term return flight home.
- Government Housing for rent at a subsidised rate and a starter pack to help you settle in.
For more information and to apply, please click the apply button.