Urgent Care Practitioner
Partnering Health Limited has an exciting opportunity for an Urgent Care Practitioner to join the team based in Whiteley. You will join us on a full time or part time, permanent basis and you will receive a highly competitive hourly rate from £30.00 - £39.97 per hour
Partnering Health Limited is an established healthcare company dedicated to offering quality solutions and services to NHS and private healthcare partners. All our staff work hard to deliver exceptional patient care.
About the Urgent Care Practitioner role:
As an Urgent Care Practitioner at Partnering Health Limited (PHL) working as part of a team, your role is so very important in providing an efficient integrated urgent care service to our patients with a caring and respectful disposition. Working independently via telephone and/or through face to face consultations and/or home visits, you will be accountable for delivering safe, clinical decision-making and expert care to a high standard. Acting within your professional boundaries, your duties will include all (or part) of the patient journey including initial history taking; clinical assessment; diagnosis; treatment; supply of medication via PGD’s and evaluation of their care. Above all else, as one of our six core values, PHL wants you to have fun at work!
There are a variety of opportunities across the county in our clinics, cars and our Whiteley contact centre.
Urgent Care Practitioner Key Accountabilities ·
- Assess undifferentiated patients with a range of acute, non-acute and chronic medical conditions. Take history, make appropriate physical examinations, formulate differential diagnoses and carry through management treatment plans when working in a clinic or home visit environment.
- Through telephone clinical assessment, obtain a relevant and sequential history of the presenting complaint to determine a working diagnosis.
- Formulate a management plan for the patient. Use other sources of healthcare professionals (such as GP or Pharmacists) if required to support diagnosis or next course of action.
- Ensure competent to work under PGD’s and supply medication under the direction of PGD’s when assessed as appropriate.
- Recognise the need and initiate emergency treatment in order to save life or to safeguard the interests of the patient and refer to emergency services when appropriate.
- To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of clinical decision making within your clinical competence.
- To participate in regular performance review with the Head of Clinical Operations and/or Head of Patient Safety and Nursing
Urgent Care Practitioner Skills and Experience
- Registered with NMC / HCPC
- Experience working in a primary care and /or urgent care setting
- At least three years post qualified
At or working towards degree level qualification / or equivalent experience
- You must be competent at taking a clinical history face to face and/or on the telephone, excluding red flags and undertake an physical examination of the patient for patients presenting with undifferentiated conditions
- You will be expected to ensure that mandatory education is kept updated as required by the policies of the organisation
- You will be expected to maintain a clinical portfolio that evidences advanced heath assessment skills and competencies
- You must demonstrate and meet competencies to deliver appropriate health care such as history taking and physical assessment
- Good clinical skills in assessment, diagnosis and management of acute Primary care presentations
- Be able to clear an enhanced DBS check /- Must be authorised to work in the EEC
Pay rates below are based on full time hours plus enhancements.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £48,711.00 to £77,941.00 /year