Deputy Ward Manger - Bury
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!
Knowing that you’re making a difference to people’s lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Priory Group will cover the cost of a DBS check for all successful applicants
Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with complex neurodisability to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their care, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams. The Priory Highbank Centre specialises in complex neuro-disability, including care of tracheostomy and mechanical ventilated patients. You would be part of our dedicated multidisciplinary team who offer evidence based, patient centred care and therapy to help patients maximise their physical, emotional and social potential. The Elton Unit is a 28 bedded purpose built Specialist Care Home for adults who have complex neurological and behavioural needs.
The Deputy Ward Manager (RGN Nurse) Responsibilities:
- Supervision and management of care staff
- Planning, assessing, delivering and evaluating individual care
- Planning staff rotas
- Establish and maintain outstanding communication with clients, relatives and colleagues
- Deputise in the absence of the Ward Manager
- Undertake oncall within a rota
- Demonstrate consistent leadership and role modelling
The Deputy Ward Manager:
- Must be RGN qualified with a valid NMC Pin Number
- Must have senior nursing experience working within a care home setting
- Brain Injury experience desirable but not essential as training will be provided
- Must be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team a nd have sound knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Must be able to complete an enhanced DBS check
With a kind, caring and calm approach, the successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with patients, relatives and colleagues. If you have the skills, attitude and experience to be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today!
In return, we can offer:
- Working with a committed, forward-thinking and supportive interdisciplinary team
- Contributory pension scheme
- Paid sick leave (after qualifying period)
- Access to regular clinical supervision
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Subsidised meals
- Free parking
- Corporate benefit package
- Annual NMC fee reimbursed by Priory Group
- Birthday Leave
The role of the Deputy Ward Manager is to provide senior nursing leadership to the ward nursing team in support of the Ward Manager. They will have clinical experience and leadership that provides expertise and confidence to the nursing team and ward overall. They will have defined delegated responsibilities from the Ward Manager; having 1 day a week protected time for their management duties and have supervisory responsibilities for an agreed group of staff.
- Works as Senior Nurse in a Ward or equivalent area ensuring a safe and therapeutic environment for patients, their families and visitors.
- Apply relevant policies and statutory requirements within the ward and hospital framework of governance and communicates requirements to the wider team.
- Ensures that risk is assessed and managed across the immediate and wider working environment and that statutory requirements are met.
- Respects and applies the requirements of diversity and inclusion, promoting and role modelling these across the team.
- Identifies deficits in skill mix and safe staffing levels and acts to address these.
- Supervises a defined group of team members and contributes to their overall CPD, mandatory training and appraisal process recognising the skills required across the team. This will also include addressing any performance issues that are below the expected standard.
- Acts as a role model to promote a culture of learning development, inquiry and a team vision.
- Implements, monitors and evaluates nursing care.
- Actively supports and contributes to effective Multi-Disciplinary Working.
- Contributes to the process of collaboratively assessing and acting on risks of harm, danger and abuse.
- Is named nurse for a small group of patients and is a regular shift leader.
- Provides Clinical Supervision to a group of defined nursing staff and healthcare assistants
- Deputises for the Ward manager as and when required.
- Adheres to all National, Company and local standards, policies and procedures.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at the Enhanced level from the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS). We are an equal opportunities employer.
For more information and to apply, please click the apply button.