Head And Neck Clinical Nurse Specialist
Head And Neck Clinical Nurse Specialist - Oncology
Bupa Cromwell Hospital Kensington, SW5 0TU
Permanent £44,692 to £53,073 per annum, plus fantastic benefits
Full time, 5 days Mon-Fri /37.50 hours per week
£2500 Golden Handshake (one off payment)
£5000 towards relocation costs (if applicable)
Here you’ll be welcomed.
We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
At Bupa, you can be the Nurse you want to be. With the autonomy to use your skills and strong benefits to support you, patient care can be your top priority. Building a career in Nursing has never been easier, with good hours, you can live a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
Working at the only private hospital in the country doing the Gold Standard Framework (GSF), subsequently revolutionising our end of life care, the Head And Neck Clinical Nurse Specialist will be responsible for providing evidence based and clinically effective care our patients.
Additionally, you’ll provide specialist support, education and training across the hospital to facilitate early diagnosis and effective treatment of patients presenting with Head & Neck Oncology Disease.
What you’ll do:
The Head And Neck Clinical Nurse Specialist will provide specialist advice to evidence based clinically effective care to Head & Neck cancer patients and their relatives in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team. You’ll also actively engage with the senior cancer team, continuously raising the profile of cancer nursing and promote patient centred services for patients affected with cancer. You’ll also lead on the development of care pathways, and influence the provision of direct and indirect clinical care, teaching and research.
- Manage self, others and resources so patients’ needs are placed at the centre of care delivery
- Influence the provision of direct and indirect clinical care, teaching and research
- Promote flexibility in the approach to care and ensure cover for any area specified.
- Contribute to the effective delivery and management of services.
- Engender a culture of respectful relationships through professional role modelling conveying the principles required for nurses to improve the patient’s experience
- To take responsibility for a caseload of patients and to work in partnership with the Head & Neck consultants within the Cromwell Hospital, our partners and Basinghall Centre as appropriate.
What you’ll bring:
- Registered Nurse (Adult RGN)
- Significant Head & Neck experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience and evidence of continued professional development in this field of specialism
- Proven teaching and assessing skills, educating health professionals and patients.
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal presentation skills and report writing.
- Has attained or is working towards a master’s degree
- Demonstrate commitment through involvement in Hospital wide initiatives/ committees.
- Experience at clinical audit and research
- Holds ENB 998/or equivalent
- Post Graduate Head & Neck Qualification
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers. Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically.
As a Head And Neck Nurse Specialist for Oncology you’ll be eligible for:
- One off £2500 Golden Handshake payment (T’s and C’s apply)
- £5,000 towards Relocation Costs (if applicable)
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions through Gympass
- Various family friendly benefits
- Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.