Theatre Clinical Head of Department
Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital are recruiting for a Theatre Clinical Head of Department.
In the role you will provide strong clinical leadership, accountability for clinical effectiveness, and operational management; resulting in the delivery of high quality perioperative care. As part of the senior clinical team you will support the development and implementation of local strategy, championing clinical standards and deputising for Matron in her absence. We are looking for a dynamic and committed individual with strong inter-personal skills.
Our multi-skilled theatre team work across 4 theatres: 3 laminar flow and 1 digital theatre, where we provide elective lists for private self-pay, insured and NHS patients in Orthopaedics, ENT, urology, Gynaecology, General Surgery, Breast, Ophthalmology, and Plastic Surgery, including Paediatric services.
Our team is well trained, dedicated and experienced in providing safe planned Surgery, that you will nurture and develop further, implementing future strategies and change to expand the service and improve theatre utilisation.
For more information about our hopsital please see our website: https://www.nuffieldhealth.com/hospitals/brentwood
As Theatre Clinical Head of Department you will lead a team of experienced clinical practitioners to deliver the highest level of safe patient care at all times. You will work collaboratively with all other clinical heads of departments to ensure a smooth patient journey and excellent patient experience.
As our Theatre Clinical Head of Department you will:
- Drive a strong patient safety culture throughout the department
- Lead Governance activity within the department promoting and embedding clinical effectiveness and ensuring full compliance of Nuffield Health's Quality Governance framework and National Standards.
- Act as a role model and champion the organisations brand values and leadership behaviours within the department.
- Support the Senior Management Team (SMT) to implement change and future strategies.
To succeed in this post, you will need:
- Clinical Registration with the appropriate governing body NMC/HCPC
- Degree, postgraduate/post registration training and qualifications relevant to this sphere of practice
- Leadership and people management experience
- Competency in clinical skills related to the role with mentorship qualification
- Be a proficient communicator
Previous experience in Theatre Management desirable, with demonstratable experience of working in Theatres.
In return, we offer a working environment that will help you grow your skills and experience and get the best out of life. Other benefits include 25 days' annual holiday (increasing with service), gym membership, private healthcare and a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary - Competitive
Closing date - 20/11/2020
Location - Brentwood
Hours - 37.5 hours a week
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.