Registered Nurse (Acute, A&E, Intensive Care, or Respiratory) Band 5 - Manchester
Become one in a million.
Be a part of something great this winter! By joining NHS Professionals and picking up additional shifts at your local Trust, you can help us contribute over 1 MILLION extra hours of patient care to support our NHS this winter.
We are calling Registered Nurses with Acute Trust experience (within the last 6 months) to continue to support our NHS by working shifts at Manchester University Foundation Trust. Rated ‘Good’ in a recent CQC Report, you would be joining a continually improving team full of ambition in providing leading edge patient care and services.
Everyone’s efforts are truly appreciated, whether you can work a small number of additional shifts (on top of your existing commitments) or longer-term block bookings, we have both flexible ad-hoc Bank shifts and long-term placement opportunities available at MUFT. Benefit from working at one of the country’s leading teaching hospitals and provider of multiple specialist centres.
Popular shift patterns are available 07.30 – 15.30 and 20.45 – 07.45 – but our Trusts are open to different start/finish times and lines of work (e.g. short-shifts during school hours) – whatever availability would suit.
We are looking for Nurses who have experience in the following environments:
- General Acute
- Accident & Emergency
- Intensive Care / ITU
- Respiratory Care
- Days: £13.79 - £21.22 per hour
- Nights/Saturdays: £17.93 - £27.58 per hour
- Sundays/Bank Hols: £22.07 - £33.95 per hour
Who are we looking for?
To apply, all we ask is that you will:
- Have a minimum of 6 months paid experience at Band 5 level in an Acute hospital environment within the last 2 years
- Comply with NMC Professional Registration and keep up to date with current nursing practices
- Undertake nursing assessment and evaluation to enable development of appropriate plans of care based on the needs of the individual
- Be proficient in the delivery of care to patients
- Ensure safe administration of drugs in accordance with NMC and CHS policies
- Ensure accurate records are kept in accordance with CHS policy and NMC guidelines
- Carry out nursing procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and standards
- Undertake regular mandatory training
What you will be doing?
You will be working in an Acute Health care environment, meaning that you can bring your vital skills to the fight and play your part, where you will:
- Strive to maintain the highest standard of patient care at all times by using the nursing process to assess patient’s individual needs, plan care within the overall framework of nursing, implementation and evaluate nursing care and act on the outcomes without requiring supervision
- Carry out and assist with nursing procedures and treatments as required, in accordance with Trust policies and guidelines
- Support the implementation and maintenance of Team Nursing or other framework to organise the delivery of care
- Minimise hospital acquired infection rates by following infection control policies
- Participate in the delivery of holistic patient care by developing effective working relationships with members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Develop professional partnerships required to deliver high quality patient care
Placing people at the Heart of the NHS.
If a hospital cannot supply staff on a ward or area, due to increased demand, sickness, or common staff shortages, they need to call upon Bank staff. NHS Professionals works with Trusts to develop a ‘Bank’ of highly skilled workers who want to work flexibly with the NHS.
Registering with NHS Professionals
We value your skills, dedication and commitment in supporting your local Trust and the NHS. We believe together we can continue to deliver world-class healthcare service to our patients.
By registering, you can tackle unfilled shift pressures by supporting last-minute shifts, while receiving several attractive incentives:
- Competitive Pay Rates - work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of shifts at your Trust – Access to shifts before they are available to agency
- Flexible working to suit your lifestyle – Take control of when you want to work
- Build holiday allowance for every shift you work
- Book and manage your shifts on the go – Access shifts anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
- Support when you need it – 24/7 365 days – Call us anytime
- Stakeholder pension scheme
With winter approaching, demand for additional support in our NHS is increasing. We need you to become one in a million.
Join us and all the teams today, who are committed to delivering excellent care to those who need it most. The process to join is simple, fast and you can be joined at a local Trust rapidly through NHS Professionals.
For more information and to apply, please click the apply button.