Senior Staff Nurse - Chemotherapy Day Unit
Senior Staff Nurse - Chemotherapy Day Unit
Bupa Cromwell Hospital, London SW5 0TU
Salary range £37989 to £44692 per annum + fantastic benefits
Full time / 37.50 hours per week
£2500 Golden Handshake (one-off payment)
£5000 toward Relocation Costs (if applicable)
We are the only private hospital in the country which is signed up to provide a Chemotherapy Passport competency (SACT) and training
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
At Bupa, you can be the Nurse you want to be. With the autonomy to use your skills and strong benefits to support you, patient care can be your top priority.
Building a career in Nursing has never been easier, with good hours, you can live a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
The Chemotherapy Day Uni
The service treats all forms of cancer, both solid and haematological tumours and stem cell transplants. Cancers treated include; breast, lung, prostrate, skin, thyroid, GI, liver and mesothelioma
The Chemotherapy Senior Staff Nurse will deliver chemotherapy and systemic anti-cancer treatment therapy nursing services to patients for Oncology patients and to deputise for the charge nurse of the chemotherapy day unit when required
What you’ll do:
- The Chemotherapy Senior Staff Nurse will follow he SACT guidelines providing specialist nursing advice and support to patients, their families and other healthcare professionals following diagnosis and through all stages of treatment. Ensure continuity of a high standard of evidence-based nursing care for patients undergoing systemic anti-cancer treatment therapy; assessing health, health related and nursing needs of patients, their families and other cares by identifying and initiating appropriate steps for effective care.
- Work autonomously whilst providing clinical leadership, ensuring all patients have an accurate plan of care, which reflects the assessment undertaken and incorporates the issues and recommendations made ensuring clear documentation in the patient’s records.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and skills in intravenous access, the management of central venous catheters, venepuncture, and systemic anti-cancer treatment therapy, delivery, including management of anaphylaxis extravasations and spillage.
- Practice advanced life support in order to facilitate rapid stabilisation and the appropriate on-going management of patients who develop acute treatment complications.
- Assist in the development and audit of assessment tools that will ensure an appropriate level of nursing intervention so that patients who present with the most complex needs are referred to the appropriated specialist including patients and families who require more in-depth support and counselling.
- Ensure all care is given in accordance with agreed protocols and policies, and work in line with and contribute to local delivery of national care standards.
- Fulfil the rule of mentor, providing peer support to staff working within the Chemotherapy Day Unit/Oncology Ward.
What you’ll bring:
- Registered Adult Nurse / RGN Adult
- Chemotherapy Competent
- Evidence of ongoing career development
- Speciality Course
- BLS/ILS Updated.
- IV Competent
- RGN with demonstrable experience as a nurse in a similar department
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Chemotherapy Senior Staff Nurse you’ll be eligible for:
- One off Golden Handshake payment (T’s and C’s apply)
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions through Gympass
- Various other benefits and online discounts
- Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in