Staff Nurse - Surgical Ward
Cromwell Hospital, Kensington London SW5 0TU
Salary £31,285 - £37,989 per annum
Shift Allowance £1,100 per annum
Permanent, Full Time 37.5 hours per week
13 shifts per month on rotation, days/nights
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
At Bupa, you can be the Nurse you want to be. With the autonomy to use your skills and strong benefits to support you, patient care can be your top priority. Building a career in Nursing has never been easier, with good hours, you can live a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
We are recruiting for a Staff Nurse within our Surgical Ward to be based at the prestigious Cromwell Hospital. This hospital receives both UK and international patients and is committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for patients.
What you’ll do
As a Surgical Ward Staff Nurse, you will provide a holistic nursing care to surgical patients pre / post-surgery in a 1:4 nurse to patient ratio. You will also:
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team and be responsible for the care the team delivers
- Participate in the delivery of a consistent, safe service in all aspects of the patient journey whilst demonstrating a culture of customer service
- Liaise with the Support Services to ensure all non-clinical needs are met including the cultural, sexual, religious, and any other special needs of the patients
- Recognise the needs for DOL’s assessments, mental capacity assessment and ‘simple’ and ‘complex’ safeguarding referrals and highlight any concerns
- Participate in clinical audit as required by the Sister / Charge Nurse
What you’ll bring?
- An active General Adult NMC registration
- Acute Hospital Staff Nurse experience is a must, ideally with exposure to surgical and orthopaedics cases
- Must have a current ILS certificate
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Experience in risk assessment.
- Venepuncture and wound care competency
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
We'll support you! It’s a rewarding role, you’ll be able to see first-hand how patients benefit from your care. In this department, you’ll have a support network around you, giving you the time to dedicate to each patient.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Senior Staff you’ll be eligible for:
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Generous refer a friend scheme incentive
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Various family friendly benefits
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
- Numerous internal and external training available
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
We proactively look for nurses within this specialism for pipelining purposes.