Bank Staff Nurse
Nuffield Health is Britain's largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as an Staff Nurse / Ward RGN in our Plymouth Hospital and play your part in building a healthier nation.
Nuffield Health Plymouth Hospital
The Nuffield Health Plymouth Hospital is situated next to the Nuffield Health Devonshire Gym, in Derriford, Plymouth and we have been part of the Plymouth community since 1971. We have 3 main theatres - 2 laminar flow and 1 digital, a fully JAG accredited endoscopy suite, a 35-bedded ward with one 4 bedded bay and one 2 bedded bay. Our outpatients department has 12 consulting rooms with a dedicated ophthalmology suite and ENT service.
We strive to provide a 5 star service to our patients with Consultant led care and dedicated teams who are fully supported with access to further development and a range of training courses via our training academy. We are particularly proud of our preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses which has been shortlisted in the Nursing Times 2020 Nurse Education Provider of the Year award.
We carry out treatment under a range of specialities including Orthopaedics, Plastic Surgery and Neurosurgery. We recently were rated in the top 50 hospitals in the country for our total hip replacement patient outcomes.
Find out more about our hospital -
Whether you are currently in the NHS or a private setting, we're sure you will find your career with us motivating and rewarding.
Like all of us at Nuffield Health, you do what you do because you care. Every one of our brilliant people is passionate about making a real difference. As a Staff Nurse you will;
- Be part of a close-knit team headed by our matron.
- With our consultant-led service, you will be working directly with some of the best clinical talent around, gaining experience with new practices, equipment and facilities.
- You'll interact with practitioners from other departments because you understand the importance of continuity in patient care.
To succeed as a Staff Nurse in our Ward you will;
- Have a registration with the appropriate governing body and have the qualifications and experience relevant to your registration, including NMC.
- Have post-registration experience.
- Be an excellent communicator and team worker - plus be flexible and motivated.
- Have the ability to fully understand each patient's needs and provide individual attention.
Holiday in line with the Working Time Directive.
Access to our Pension Scheme.
Discounted gym membership at £15.00 a month that they need to set up directly with the club. Discount does not extend to partners and family members.
Working on the bank means you are not contracted to a set number of hours per week but instead work on an ad-hoc basis to suit the needs of the business and your availability.
Salary - £14.00 Per Hour
Closing date - 12/01/2021
Location - Plymouth
Hours - Bank
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.