Staff Nurses - Ireland
2 days left
- Contract Type
Croom Orthopaedic Hospital, UL Hospitals Group, Croom, County Limerick, Ireland
The type of person we look up to in 2020 has changed. They do incredible things; caring, saving lives, empowering those in need, helping the team and making a difference.
UL Hospitals Group is now recruiting caring, motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious staff nurses with an interest in Orthopaedic and Theatre services/specialities for our new state of the art theatre facility and 24 bed single room ward at Croom Orthopaedic Hospital, Co. Limerick, a regional centre of excellence in orthopaedics, rheumatology, pain management and scheduled surgery. Croom Orthopaedic Hospital offers specialist adult and paediatric patient care in orthopaedics, rheumatology and pain management across a spectrum of day and inpatient settings including pre-operative assessment, perioperative patient care (theatre, pre & post-operative day and inpatient facilities), OPD, radiology and Bone Bank.
Nurses will have the opportunity to rotate between Croom Orthopaedic Hospital and University Hospital Limerick, to develop and enhance their experience. We will encourage and drive postgraduate education through the University of Limerick, our Centre for Nurse & Midwifery Education and Nurse Practice Development Unit.
Join this hugely influential team in an area steeped in history and rural beauty in the Midwest of Ireland, where you can look forward to a vibrant cultural life and a community renowned for its historical and sporting achievements. This is a wonderful opportunity for staff nurses to join our multi-disciplinary team, gain valuable experience, develop new clinical skills and advance their career.
Also, there are opportunities in the Croom Orthopaedic Hospital Nursing Bank which offers Staff Nurses flexible working hours including day and / or night duty and an opportunity to work in a variety of clinical settings.
Benefits of joining our Croom Orthopaedic Hospital Nursing Team
- Multi-disciplinary, team-focused working environment
- A spectrum of day and inpatient settings including pre-operative assessment, perioperative patient care (theatre, pre & post-operative day and inpatient facilities), Outpatients (OPD), radiology and Bone Bank
- Continuing professional development - developing our staff to meet the changing nature of healthcare is a key priority of UL Hospitals Group, we do this through in-house, external and academic programmes. We are supported in our staff development through our close links with our key academic partner, the University of Limerick
- Academic and research opportunities with the University of Limerick
- Opportunities for promotion or career progression (Staff Nurse, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Clinical Nurse Manager, Advanced Nurse Practitioner). UL Hospitals Group is privileged to have the first national RANP (Registered Advanced Nurse Practitioner) in Orthopaedics.
- Flexible working opportunities
Education, Training and Experience (Qualification and Eligibility Criteria)
Candidates must have at the latest date of application:
- Registered in the General Division of the Register of Nurses maintained by Bord Altranais and Cnáimhseachais na hÉireann (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland) or be entitled to register
- Have the clinical and administrative capacity to properly discharge the functions of the role
Beneficial but not essential :
- A post registration qualification in the speciality of orthopaedic nursing
- If interested in joining the Croom Theatre Complex nursing team - a post registration qualification in the speciality of theatre / perioperative nursing
- Experience in orthopaedic nursing or theatre / perioperative nursing
Staff Nurses joining the Croom Orthopaedic nursing team will:
- Participate in mandatory training programmes
- Engage in continuing professional development such as reflective practice, in service and self-directed learning, research, clinical audit etc.
- Participate in the education of junior colleagues including student nurses, take part in teaching / training / supervision of staff as appropriate (once sufficient clinical experience and completion of appropriate / required education).
For more information and to apply, please click the apply button.