Bank Theatre Practitioner - Recovery (ODP)
Nuffield Health is Britain's largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as a Theatre Nurse in our Bournemouth Hospital and play your part in building a healthier nation.
Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital
Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital is a 42 bedded hospital with a 2 bedded PPCU within walking distance of the Bournemouth Town Centre. The Hospital is made up of 5 buildings with 5 car parks for patients and Consultants and all staff park in a leased car park about 200 yards from the main Hospital. The hospital has two laminar flow operating theatres and one non laminar flow theatre as well as a Cardiac Cath Lab and an endoscopy unit along with two minor treatment rooms in the outpatient department. There is a large radiology department with fixed CT & MRI and again all is enabled to take Cardiac patients for Diagnostic tests as well. Inpatient and Outpatient physiotherapy is provided within the hospital along with a Hydrotherapy pool as well. Our main specialities are orthopaedics, Cosmetics, Ophthalmology and Cardiology. We also care for patients needing treatment within the specialties of Gynaecology, Urology, General Surgery, Max Fax and Chronic Pain. We provide outpatient services for dermatology, cardiology, neurology and rheumatology.
We are currently waiting a CQC inspection. We pride ourselves on great patient feedback and are a very welcoming and friendly hospital who care for our staff as well as our patients.
Find out more about our hospital-
With drive, passion and high standards, you might join us from the NHS or a private setting. Either way, you will discover unrivalled scope to work autonomously, making full use of your skills and knowledge and adding value.
Responsibilities of a Theatre Nurse/ ODP - Anaesthetic & Recovery (RGN/ ODP)
- Work closely with leading consultants and other like-minded professionals, who will respect and value what you bring to the close-knit multidisciplinary team.
- Enjoy opportunities to work on a varied caseload using technology, equipment and facilities, which are all state-of-the-art.
- Supervise, support and develop junior members of staff.
- Deliver high quality care and experiences for patients, which is always clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate.
- As part of the wider hospital team you will interact with colleagues on the ward because you understand that continuity in patient care is key.
Our Ideal Theatre Nurse/ ODP - Anaesthetic & Recovery (RGN/ ODP) will have:
- Qualifications and experience relevant to your registration, including NMC or HCPC.
- Post-registration experience.
- Excellent communication skills and will be a great team worker. You will also be flexible and motivated.
- Holiday in line with the Working Time Directive.
- Access to our Pension Scheme.
- Discounted gym membership at £15.00 a month that they need to set up directly with the club. Discount does not extend to partners and family members.
Salary- £15.50 - £18.50 per hour (Dependant on Experience)
Location - Bournemouth Hospital
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.