Regional Clinical Services Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Regional Clinical Services Manager, Joint Ventures North (The Christie Private Care & The Wilmslow Hospital)
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours)
Salary: Up to £74,000 (dependent on experience) + fantastic benefits
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Never has there been a more exciting time to join the Joint Ventures (North) team. Our services are continuing to grow and expand in order to meet the demand for our award winning care and treatment. We are looking for an exceptional clinical leader with operational experience to join our proactive, forward thinking regional senior leadership team.
HCA Healthcare UK has developed a dedicated private centre in partnership with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester. The Christie Private Care treats private patients with a full range of diagnostic, inpatient, surgical, day care and outpatient treatment all on one site.
Our Wilmslow Hospital is also part of the HCA Healthcare UK family, where we’re dedicated to maintaining our reputation of world class healthcare. We’ve invested in the latest state-of-the-art technology to ensure that our patients always receive the most accurate diagnosis and treatment. We offer fast local access to the best possible care, working with expert consultants and experienced nursing teams across a range of services.
Both The Christie Private Care and The Christie NHS trust have been inspected by CQC in 2018 and both parties achieved a rating of OUTSTANDING; The Wilmslow Hospital was also rated GOOD. Patient care is consultant led across all of our services, but we have a team of Resident Medical Officers that provide medical cover 24/7 and on the Christie site additional support can be provided by a critical care outreach team where required.
We are looking for an individual who will;
- Supporting the Chief Nursing Officer in the provision of day to day clinical and professional leadership, operational delivery and direction in order to provide a seamless service to the clinical departments, clinicians and associated personnel.
- Operational management of clinical services within JV North (The Christie Private Care and the Wilmslow Hospital)
- Supporting the Chief Operating Officer and General Manager in the planning and delivery of new service developments.
- The provision of expert clinical care and support to patients attending The Christie Private Care and the Wilmslow Hospitals
- To deputise in the absence of the Executive Directors
- Provide leadership to ensure the consistent delivery of high quality, safe, effective, responsive and caring services to patients using the services at The Christie Private Care and the Wilmslow Hospital
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure exceptional quality care delivery through robust management of practices and process according to the HCA mission policies and procedures and CQC standards.
- Lead and develop relevant clinical pathways/guidelines to support a continuous process of improvement.
- To lead and be responsible for a robust governance and risk strategy, ensuring that all clinical departments contribute to the Governance Strategy, by ensuring that clinical and non-clinical standards are set, monitored and evaluated.
- Participate in Risk Management programme by reporting, investigating and taking necessary corrective action in all incidents.
- Ensure that nursing and other clinical practices comply with HCA policies and procedures & maintain a safe environment in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Acts as nursing and clinical leader maintaining current clinical knowledge in order to direct/ supervise other staff providing patient care.
- Provide leadership, support and act as lead point of resource for concerns raised regarding safeguarding
- Deputise for the Chief Nursing Officer as required
Skills and Experience
- Educated to BSc or Masters in related subject
- Extensive senior clinical and operational experience, ideally within in a hospital setting within a specialist area
- Registered with the NMC (Part 1) or HCPC
- Demonstrative ability in Management and leadership
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Specialist knowledge in oncology and/or haematology desirable
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values that are critical to our company culture.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and dynamic individual to join the Regional ‘Joint Ventures’ leadership team as Clinical Services Manager. This is a critical role in our structure which requires visible, credible and inspirational leadership as we continue to expand and develop services locally.
The successful candidate will be both credible and resilient with highly developed interpersonal skills, and will be capable of leading a diverse workforce across multiple services. Pivotal to this role will be the setting of clear expectations and actively supporting the development of education and practice, ensuring the workforce is able to develop and deliver all required operational objectives. The successful applicant will have the ability to recognise and support the talents of existing staff and will lead the team in the delivery of an exemplary standard of care.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you! Please get in touch to discuss the role further and arrange an informal discussion and/or virtual tour;
Regional Chief Nursing Officer
Joint Ventures North