Outpatients Nurse (RN) - Bank
Registered Nurse - Outpatients - Bournemouth - Bank
Do you want to work for a company that will truly invest in your nursing career? Do you want to work in an environment where you have the time to dedicate time & care to your patients? Do you want to work for the UKs not for profit healthcare provider? If so, Nuffield Health is looking for an exceptional Staff Nurse within our Outpatients Department at the Bournemouth Hospital. Get in touch or apply today! For a confidential chat please email email@example.com where we can answer any questions or if of interest arrange an informal site visit.
On joining our agile and highly energised multidisciplinary team you'll have a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and experience across a range of specialties and levels of complexity.
Supported by our Clinical Head of Department, Lorraine Hampton, you'll have autonomy to utilise your acquired expertise and skills to make decisions that will ensure the delivery of excellent patient care. The work is exciting, varied and challenging, the multiple specialities will enable you to develop new skills and grow. We actively support you to be the best you can be in your role while also offering opportunities to progress.
Responsibilities of an Outpatients Nurse
- Combine a passion for delivering excellent patient care, with the ability to manage varied and interesting caseloads.
- Reassure and encourage patients while also having the clinical skills to take part in procedures and recovery.
- Have exposure to a wide range of procedures, requiring all your skills and experience.
- Fully understand each case from a technical and personal viewpoint.
- Instinctively meet patient's needs, giving them and their families the comfort and reassurance they need when they are at their most vulnerable.
- Interact with practitioners from other areas because you understand the importance of continuity in patient care.
- Perform various clinical procedures including phlebotomy wound care and assisting in our Minor Operations Room.
Shift Patterns - Monday to Saturday. Mixture of Early (8am to 4pm), Late (1pm to 9pm) and Mid-shifts of 10am to 6pm or similar to meet the needs of the department.
Our Ideal Outpatients Nurse will:
We are looking for an experienced Staff Nurse who is currently NMC registered and who has experience working in an Outpatients Department or Clinic setting. Candidates should ideally have experience in carrying out minor procedures within a busy department such as cystoscopy, hysteroscopy, assistance during minor surgery, as well as being competent in phlebotomy and wound care.
Founded in 1957, Nuffield Hospital Bournemouth is an exceptionally caring environment with 41 beds, 3 Theatres, an Endoscopy room, a Cardiac Catheter Suite and 2 Outpatient Theatres (minor procedures). Our service provision is varied, covering everything from Outpatients and minor procedures through to major surgical specialties.
We pride ourselves on great patient feedback and are a very welcoming and friendly hospital who care for our staff as well as our patients.
Whether you are currently in the NHS or a private setting, we're sure you will find your career with us motivating and rewarding. Like all of us at Nuffield Health, you do what you do because you care. Every one of our brilliant people is passionate about making a real difference.
Informal visits are welcomed.
Salary - £15.50 per hour