Clinical Case Manager, Cardiac Nurse - Manchester
Remote flexible working available
Permanent, Full Time Hours, 5 days, 37.5 hours per week
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 10am – 6pm and 8am – 4pm
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance. We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes.
At Bupa, you can be the Nurse you want to be. With the autonomy to use your skills and strong benefits to support you, patient care can be your top priority. Building a career in Nursing has never been easier, with good hours, you can live a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
We have an amazing opportunity within our Cardiac Support Team. If you are a registered nurse with a solid background in Cardiac and looking to improve your work-life balance, please scroll down and find out more!
Primarily based at Bupa Place, our state-of-the-art headquarters in Salford Quays, you will be working alongside various Care Support Clinicians within an office-based environment. Although the entire team is working from home due to the recent Covid19 restrictions, there is a high possibility that flexible hours and remote working will continuously be facilitated in the long run. In an ad-hoc basis, you may also be required to work long days or weekend shifts (but not for the foreseeable future).
By using your Cardiac Nursing experience and knowledge, you will provide clinical support, guidance and information to our customers. Using a variety of techniques and methods of communication to support customers with long-term and complex cardiac needs to make appropriate and well-informed decisions about their onward healthcare journey.
What you’ll do:
- Interact with both Bupa customers and healthcare providers to accurately and consistently make evidence-based decisions about private healthcare funding
- Use knowledge, patient information and nationally based and approved evidence to support the ongoing enhancement of processes to support our customers to achieve the best possible outcomes
- Collaborate with colleagues from different departments to drive a holistic consideration of customers ongoing healthcare needs and influence well-rounded and effective solutions
- Support non-clinical staff and wider Bupa business with clinical experience and expertise to enable them to triage Bupa customers more effectively
- Assess plans for Bupa customers treatment in a range of care settings from consultants, hospitals and other healthcare professionals on a concurrent basis to determine clinical suitability and eligibility of funding in line with Bupa policies
What you’ll bring
- NMC Adult Nurse Registration
- Significant post-registration Cardiac Nursing experience (from acute or community settings)
- Intermediate IT skills. Proficient keyboard usage and familiarity with Windows and Microsoft Packages. Ideally with experience in Swift and CRM
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
We’re here for you
You will go through an informative 4-weeks training to ensure that you are equipped and confident to do your role. You will also be supported by a clinical and a non-clinical mentor who would go through everything with you including the remote set up from home and other technical aspects e.g. using Swift and CRM
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers. Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically.
As a Clinical Case Manager, you’ll be eligible for:
- 25 days holiday, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Onsite gyms or local discounts where no onsite gym available
- Various other benefits and online discounts
Diversity and Inclusion
Bupa is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them. Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path. Welcome to a place that celebrates you. This isn’t where you've been. This is where you're going. This is what we have belief in.
Closing Date: 7th February 2021
Proactive shortlisting will be taking place, the role might be closed earlier. Candidates are highly advised to submit their applications as soon as possible
If you would like to have an informal chat about this role, please click the apply button.