Senior Staff Nurse
Senior Staff Nurse – ITU - Permanent
Location – London Bridge Hospital, London
Salary – Upwards of £38,000 + 9% Shift Enhancement + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
As a Senior Staff Nurse working in ITU, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of specialist care to ensure that our patients are cared for in a safe, compassionate and comfortable environment. This will include meeting physical, psychological and spiritual needs by effectively communicating with the patient, their families and your colleagues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family’s needs
- Responsible for planning and delivering appropriate care for admissions and discharges
- Undertake extended roles such as venipuncture, cannulation and phlebotomy
- Contributing to the ongoing research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Working with junior staff and delegating and supervising the care in a fair and equitable manner
- Recognising the signs and symptoms of a deteriorating patient and initiate early interventions in a calm and co-ordinated manner
Skills & Experience:
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
- Neuro, Cardiac or General ITU/HDU specific skills and experience.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills with good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Practice Assessor Course
- Critical Care Course (60 Credits)
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.