Senior Sister Charge Nurse Endoscopy
Senior Sister / Charge Nurse
The Cromwell Hospital, Kensington SW5 0TU
Permanent / Full Time
Salary: £50,279 per annum, plus fantastic benefits
37.50 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Our purpose has never been more important than during Covid-19. Our approach to keeping our people, customers, visitors and patients safe is clinically-led and in line with public health guidance.
We’ve implemented effective remote working/interviewing and safety measures across all our offices, care homes and clinical locations and we will continue to review our operating practices as the situation changes
At the Cromwell Hospital, you can be the Nurse you want to be. With the autonomy to use your skills and strong benefits to support you, patient care can be your top priority.
Building a career in Nursing has never been easier, with good hours, you can live a balanced, healthy lifestyle.
The Senior Sister/Charge Nurse will manage the Endoscopy Unit, this includes acting as the professional role model, leading and co-ordinating the nursing team.
The postholder will have continuous responsibility for the management and organisation of the ward/department within the available resources and be accountable for the overall provision of excellent nursing care and to work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team
The postholder will provide safe staffing levels and high-quality nursing care, and be a role model to their staff, be highly visible in their areas ensuring a high level of professionalism is maintained.
What you’ll do:
- To manage the ward/department, sisters/charge nurses and clinical nurse specialists in assessing the clinical skills required to deliver a safe and quality service
- To manage the audit process to improve patient care delivery and implement tools to improve the quality of care, ensuring that staff receive feedback and implement action as directed
- Ensure systems are in place and are complied with to manage professional concerns about standards of nursing care, staffing levels and capability
- Maintain self and teams professional nursing standards in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Foster a culture within the unit that ensures consistent compliance with internal policy and external regulatory standards, through monitoring and driving improvements on clinical indicators for nursing
- Maintain and support relationships with consultants and ensure new and existing consultants are compliant with local governance and clinical standards
What you’ll bring:
- RN Adult, with BSC or working towards one
- Teaching/assessing qualification
- ILS/ ALS as relevant
- Evidence of advanced clinical experience in endoscopy and ability to function at level required of the post
- Experience of managing and maintaining JAG accreditation
- Evidence of professional leadership, leading to innovation in practice
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal presentation skills & report writing, negotiating and influencing skills
Why the Cromwell Hospital?
We are a health insurer and provider. With no shareholders, our customers are our focus. We reinvest profits into providing more and better healthcare for the benefit of current and future customers.
Our benefits are driven by what matters to our people. It’s important to us that these benefits support a work-life balance that keeps people healthy, both mentally and physically. As a Senior Sister/Charge Nurse you’ll be eligible for:
- Payment of Professional Registration fees
- Equivalent to 25 days holiday per year, increasing through length of service, with option to buy or sell
- Bupa health insurance as a benefit in kind
- An enhanced pension plan, life insurance and income protection
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Support with travel costs via a season ticket loan or cycle2work
- Discounted access to online gym sessions through Gympass
- Various other benefits and online discounts
- Free onsite massages as a recognition for your hard work
- Opportunity to participate in our annual awards ceremony
Diversity and Inclusion
The Cromwell Hospital is committed to making sure that every applicant is assessed solely on personal merit and qualifications. We actively celebrate the diversity of our colleagues and provide an inclusive environment so you can bring your true self to Bupa. We’ll make sure you are treated fairly regardless of disability or circumstance. That’s why we’re happy to offer reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process to anyone that needs them.
Whether you’ve found your feet or are discovering a new path.
Welcome to a place that celebrates you.
This isn’t where you've been.
This is where you're going.
This is what we have belief in.
Apply for Senior Sister Charge Nurse Endoscopy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly