RGN - Poole
SpaMedica is one of the UK’s leading independent providers of ophthalmic services and largest provider of NHS cataract surgery across the UK treating NHS and private patients and in 2018 we became the largest provider of NHS cataract surgery with 24.000+ surgeries per annum with a rating of 5 stars on NHS choices.
"I would definitely recommend them to my Family and Friends."
"Everyone from reception to doctors so pleasant and caring."
"Excellent quick miracle service."
SpaMedica are looking for a talented Registered General Nurse to join our brand-new hospital based in Poole.
- Adhere to the principles of clinical governance.
- Undertake all care for patients whilst in the hospital including diagnostic tests and post-operative care.
- Admission and discharge of patients on a theatre day.
- Administer drugs in accordance to the NMC guidelines for the safe and secure handling of medicines.
- Follow correct procedure for reporting any accidents or incidents.
- Take part in the hospital on call rota.
- Assist the consultant and clinical team in the delivery of all ophthalmic care.
- Prepare all areas prior to any clinical activities, ensuring all equipment is checked and ready for use.
- Ensure the correct storage of all equipment.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Assist with stock control, ensuring realistic par levels are maintained and all items are readily available.
- Manages all the diagnostic equipment on a daily basis.
- To ensure patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Deal with any incoming queries from patients
- Provide support and mentorship to colleagues and new staff.
- Undertake ALS training
- Participate in the “ on call” and weekend rotas
SpaMedica knows a work life balance is vital for our nurses and so we offer a 4-day a week shifts and only ‘1 in 4’ weekends. Also, you’ll get a great salary plus two bonuses per year, for, hopefully, doing a job you love. Due to the success of SpaMedica we now have 21 hospitals with many more planned in 2021.
Our nurses’ package includes:
- Competitive salary bandings
- Staff Parking
- Continuous training and development programme through our Internal Learning Management system and clinical training team
- Bonus 1 – June – potential to earn Up to 5% individual performance related bonus
- Bonus 2 – February - hospital/company related bonus
- Annual pay reviews and increases in line with the bandings
- Staff Benefits, including discounts at a large selection of retailers/hospitality and fitness facilities.
- Referral programmes – a cash reward for introducing new employees to SpaMedica
- Internal Company recognition programme
- Reward for reaching length of service milestones
- Twice yearly all staff celebration parties
- Career Progression within the business.
- Work life balance shifts of 4-day a week starting 7.30am to 5.30pm and 1 in 4 weekends. NO NIGHTS
- 25 days holiday (33 days including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Company pension scheme.
Here’s a little about us to begin with:
- We are privileged to be able to support the tens of thousands of NHS patients that come to SpaMedica each year.
- We are dedicated to reducing NHS waiting times for cataract surgery, YAG capsulotomy and AMD treatments.
- We are proud to deliver excellent care and support thousands of patients to achieve better vision – our outcomes are some of the best in the UK, with low complication rates.
- We want our staff to enjoy coming to work and provide a friendly and supportive environment for you to work in.
To be considered for this role you will hold a current NMC/HCPC registration and have at least 12 months post-registration experience.
Please call us for an informal chat if you’d like to find out more about working at SpaMedica.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Apply for RGN - Poole
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly