Coordinating Nurse - International Operations
International SOS is the world’s leading medical and security services company with over 10,000 employees working in 1,000 locations in 90 countries. We were founded on the principle of putting the patient first and this is still true today. Led by 5,200 medical professionals and 200 security specialists our teams work night and day to find solutions to protect our clients in whatever situation they may be facing; we assess, advise and assist from a medical, security and logistical perspective to help safeguard travellers internationally through providing invaluable local knowledge and expertise on a global scale.
International SOS has been recognised as an Investors in People and Top Employer in the UK by the Top Employer’s Institute (TEI) for 2019 and 2020.
"See the world without needing to leave London"
Our daily patient handover may start like any other – a MI, a head injury, a case of dengue fever and a hip fracture but the clinical decision making for these patients when working at International SOS is where it gets a little different...
Every patient you speak to is in a different country with different standards of medical care so you will need to consider:
How many hours away is the nearest Cath Lab and how can the patient be transferred there? Is there a CT scanner in the hospital and a radiologist that can interpret the results? Are the blood products safe if my dengue fever patients platelets drop? Is there a suitable hip prosthesis available and a surgeon with appropriate skill and training to perform the surgery? How and when can we safely get them home by flight?
These are just a few of the clinical considerations you may face each day when working at International SOS.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Registered Nurses to join us in a dynamic office based clinical role where you will expand your medical and clinical knowledge whilst working across an international platform. You will be providing medical support to a worldwide client base across a variety of industries, focussing on quality, patient contact and, above all, care.
Your typical day would be:
- Delivering front line telephonic triage to patients, each one in a different country on each call
- Developing and enhancing your understanding of global and travel health, and providing pre trip travel advice to travellers
- Interpreting medical situations by conducting a tailored risk analysis of condition vs geographical location
- Providing evidence based medical advice and assessment, support and recommendations by speaking directly to patients and clients
- Liaising with international medical professionals to obtain medical assessments for patients who are hospitalised or being treated overseas
- Assessing standards of care and providing guidance on travel following illness or injury
- Arranging complex medical evacuations and repatriations from all over the world
- Working within a truly international team – we have offices in 26 different countries you will interface with daily
Our office is a modern, vibrant workplace set within an exciting business park that runs regular events, has an on-site health a fitness centre, a variety of clubs (i.e. running, photography, board games, language courses), plus our own subsidised on site canteen and access to bikes, showers, and lockers.
- Starting salary of £38,000 – performance based salary review every 12 months
- Structured career path with genuine career progression
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Regular external guest speakers from leading UK Hospitals such as Bupa Cromwell and The Wellington to provide up to date certified CPD
- Dedicated revalidation partner and high level support with the revalidation process
- Free access to RCNi NMC portfolio upon joining
- Strong international clinical network and clinical engagement
- Day shift only – no night shifts
- Full time (paid) induction training, regular coaching to further support and develop your skills, followed by preceptorship support
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Private dental plan
- Discounted gym membership
- Subsidised staff canteen
- Access to Employee Assistance Program 24/7
- Weekly targeted learning and development opportunities
- Long service awards
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle2work scheme
- Day off for your birthday
- Offices located in Chiswick Business Park with excellent access to local transport options (Piccadilly line to Acton Town and District Line/ Overground to Gunnersbury station, buses, national rail network)
Who we are looking for:
- Registered General Nurse (must be currently registered with the UK NMC)
- Significant previous critical care or emergency medicine preferred
- Broad Medical Knowledge – strong acute care background, primary care or military experience desirable
- Languages or further studies in travel health, global health or public health desirable
- Experience in Humanitarian or NGO work desirable
- Excellent written and spoken English language
- Good IT skills
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Our company brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves. At International SOS, we offer a great working environment, thanks to our commitment to flexible working, diversity and development.
We celebrate diversity on a global scale. We encourage every colleague to bring their personal best by creating an atmosphere of inclusion and equal support. Our success is the result of diverse ideas, skills and cross-cultural understanding.
Welcome to International SOS, your world of opportunity.
For more information and to apply, please click the apply button.