International SOS is the world’s leading medical and travel security risk services company. With 11,000 employees, we care for clients across the globe, from more than 1,000 locations, in 90 countries. Protecting our members and saving lives, we make a difference every single day. Our modern, vibrant and friendly environment offers you an opportunity to develop a meaningful career on a global scale.
International SOS has been recognised as an Investors in People and Top Employer in the UK by the Top Employer’s Institute (TEI) for 2019 and 2020.
Nurses needed for global organisation
Your first call is about a child with fever in Malawi, Africa.
Then you speak to a pregnant patient in her third trimester, complaining of right lower quadrant pain in Ethiopia.
You then take an urgent call from Poland, for a patient with a crush injury after being hit by a tank, now requiring urgent limb amputation.
How would you respond?
These are typical cases we receive at International SOS, the world’s largest medical and security services firm. We are looking for experienced registered nurses to join us in a unique and exciting telephone-based role working with one of our largest clients, TRICARE. TRICARE is the US military healthcare program which supports active and retired personnel and their families globally.
Based in West London we have a modern, vibrant open plan office where you will be working closely with an international team in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment to reflect the realities of the world we live in. Highly rewarding and customer centric, our nurses focus on our patient’s experience regardless of where they are based, be it a bustling city in the United Arab Emirates or a picturesque town in Poland.
This role is office based, providing medical support over the telephone to patients internationally. You will be responsible for:
- Delivering front line telephonic triage
- Providing medical advice, assessment, support and recommendations by speaking directly to patients and clients wherever they are based
- Liaising with international medical professionals to obtain medical assessments for patients who are hospitalised or being treated overseas
- Reviewing medical reports and referrals
- Chronic and routine medical case management
- Dealing with emergency and urgent medical care requests.
- International, modern and vibrant work environment
- Starting salary of £38,000 (performance-based salary review every 12 months)
- Structured career path with genuine career progression in a global organisation
- Continuous professional development and dedicated revalidation support
- No night shifts
- Full-time (paid) induction training, regular coaching to further support and develop your skills
- Pension scheme, BUPA private health care and dental plans
- Offices located in Chiswick Business Park with excellent access to local transport options (Piccadilly line to Acton Town and District Line/ Overground to Gunnersbury station, buses, national rail network),
- The business park has access to an on-site health a fitness centre, a variety of clubs (i.e. running, photography, board games, language courses), subsidised on site canteen, inter-company sporting events, access to bikes, showers, lockers.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Registered General Nurse (must be currently registered with the UK NMC - Nursing and Midwifery Council)
- Previous experience in one or more or of the following areas:
- Acute care i.e. Primary Care/General Medical / Surgical
- Critical Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Contact or Call centre
- Cruise ship nursing
- Excellent written and spoken English language
- Good IT skills
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Our company brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves. At International SOS, we offer a great working environment, thanks to our commitment to flexible working, diversity and development.
We celebrate diversity on a global scale. We encourage every colleague to bring their personal best by creating an atmosphere of inclusion and equal support. Our success is the result of diverse ideas, skills and cross-cultural understanding.
Welcome to International SOS, your world of opportunity.
For more information and to apply, please click the apply button.