Registered Nurse - Functional Assessor RGN
Working within our Centre for Health and Disability Assessments business, as a Nurse with us you will undertake a combination of file-work and face-to-face assessments in relation to a variety of benefits. Working with a diverse team, supporting customers, conducting medical assessments and report writing will all be part of a days work.
The assessments you carry out will focus on how a disability affects day to day life in performing work related activities, following an assessment you will then utilise various IT platforms to support you in the clinical decision making and produce a written report for the Department of Work and Pensions.
You will work in a targeted yet supportive environment, where regular feedback is provided to ensure that we deliver the best quality outputs for the customer and the department. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will work with varied customer bases and build positive working relationships with both medical and administrative support staff.
Here at Maximus UK Services, our Nurses play a pivotal role in supporting our customers to move forward with their lives. We support all our Nurses through a formal training programme to enable you to carry out quality, sensitive and respectful functional assessments.
Maximus UK Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Maximus, Inc., operates several business lines in the UK, including the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, Remploy, Health Management and Revitalised. Maximus UK Services employs 3,800 local staff, including over 1,400 doctors, nurses, occupational therapists, and other Healthcare Professionals. Operating from more than 270 locations across England, Scotland and Wales, Maximus UK Services is one of the largest providers of employment, health, and disability support programmes in the country.
- Provide comprehensive reports to enable decision makers at DWP to make informed decisions regarding benefit claims.
- Ensure that professional practice standards and best practice are maintained in all areas of work.
- Analyse and interpret clinical information and medical evidence and provide a professional and concise report.
- Apply professional skills and manage own professional competence and accountability, in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct.
- Work unsupervised and use own initiative; understanding own limitations and requesting support when necessary or required.
- We are looking for an NMC Registered Nurse with broad based post registration experience. You will need to be comfortable working to targets, open to feedback and have good IT skills, including the ability to type at a reasonable pace.
You will need to have excellent communication skills, both oral and written, as well as be confident in working with a wide range of patients and the ability to handle challenging situations. We are looking for nurses who are keen to learn and take a proactive approach to this.
You will need to demonstrate your NMC registration and continuous professional development in line with the NMC requirements. Previous experience of functional or disability assessment is desirable but not essential.
Due to COVID 19 all our nurses are currently undertaking telephone assessments until we can resume face to face assessments.