Pre-Assessment Nurse | Band 5 | Permanent | Excellent development opportunities
Spire Edinburgh is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Pre-Assessment Nurse to join our high performing team. This is an opportunity to join one of the leading private hospitals and take your career to the next level.
Murrayfield hospital was established as a purpose built hospital in 1984, conveniently located in the west of Edinburgh. In 2015 our consulting rooms had a £1 million refurbishment. In 2010 we opened Shawfair Park Hospital, a day case facility, based in south east Edinburgh. Each of our hospitals practice some of the most advanced treatments supported by the latest generation imaging and diagnostic technology. This means we offer everything from screening and rehabilitation through to leading edge surgical procedures and cancer care.
Duties and responsibilities:
You will take responsibility for running your own clinics, making accurate patient observations, completing medical history and giving medication advice and act appropriately to abnormal pathology results. You will be part of a supportive team delivering a best in class service, ensuring the health and wellbeing needs of our patients are met in the run up to their operation. You will be trusted and supported to make decisions that are deemed the best for our patients care.
Who we're looking for
- You must be NMC registered
- You will have experience in Phlebotomy & ECG’s
- You will have previously been in employed in surgical, medical or outpatients settings
- You will have excellent communication skills, along with being organised and can showcase excellent patient care
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employee’s well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it’s their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.