Bank Endoscopy Nurse
R0029702 Bank Endoscopy Nurse - Brentwood - £24 per hour plus pension scheme and gym membership discount
Our Brentwood Hospital are seeking a Bank Endoscopy Staff Nurse to join the team to support our developing Endoscopy service.
You will deliver high quality clinical patient care throughout the Endoscopy service and make up part of a multidisciplinary team, with state-of-the-art technology at a highly rated CQC hospital.
We established a new Endoscopy Unit around a year ago and has quickly become one of the busiest Endoscopy Units in the region, and as such no two days are the same. Diagnostics lead the workload which is driven by the consultants offering a one stop shop for patients, often in short timescales with quick turnaround times from bookings. The unit is self-contained where patients will experience a full end to end individualized care, from admission to discharge and can make for some demanding but rewarding days. We are recruiting as we want to build some consistency in the team and gain a nurse with the knowledge and understanding of procedures and what they mean for the patient, as well as work creditable alongside the consultants.
The hospital offers a range of services from plastics to physiotherapy, as well as being supporting by our gyms and clinics to allows to offer a holistic approach to healthcare both physically and mentally.
- You will have relevant experience as a qualified practitioner, with previous experience of working in Endoscopy as essential
- Registered Practitioner with NMC
- Basic and advanced competence / experience in endoscopy care
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems
- This is an excellent opportunity to work with some of the best consultants and be valued as a professional. We rely on our nurses to be able to deliver excellent standard of care and to draw upon their skills and expertise to provide an outstanding patient experience.
- Act as the patient's advocate
- Provide quality planned care across the endoscopy patient pathway
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge/skill, and expertise
- Ensure practice is in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and work within limits of competence
- Maintain a high standard of nursing care applying evidence-based practice
- Carry out assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of nursing care without supervision
- Maintain accurate records of all care given
- Update patient administration systems to ensure real time data collection and confidentiality
- Promptly and effectively communicate relevant changes in patient status to the multi-disciplinary team
- Communicate with patients, clients and relatives on emotional and sensitive issues
- Ensure the safe custody, supply and administration of drugs in accordance with company policy
- Participate in clinical audit or reviews of patient care, as required
- Promote health education to patients, carers and significant others
- Demonstrate competency and teach others in the safe and effective use of equipment in the clinical area
- Manage emergency situations including directing other members of the team
- To ensure company policies are adhered to by all staff and report as necessary
- To be competent in clinical skills including enhanced practice relevant to the clinical area
- To safeguard the health and welfare of patients, visitors and staff in all circumstances
- Comply with the complaints procedure of the company in respect of own area
- Promptly report all incidents or accidents involving patients, visitors or staff and take appropriate action
- Holiday in line with the Working Time Directive.
- Access to our Pension Scheme.
- Discounted gym membership at £15.00 a month that they need to set up directly with the club. Discount does not extend to partners and family members.
Working on the bank means you are not contracted to a set number of hours per week but instead work on an ad-hoc basis to suit the needs of the business and your availability.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary - Up to £24 hours a week, depending on experience
Location - Brentwood Hospital
Bank Contract - Various Hours
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.