Pre-Assessment Nurse - Outpatients
Location – The Wilmslow Hospital, 52-54 Alderley Rd, Wilmslow SK9 1NY
Working hours 37.5 Monday- Saturday 0730 - 2000 hours are worked over 4 days based on internal rotation.
The salary offered for this role is between £27,000.00 - £30,537.00, this will be dependent on experience + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Staff Nurse to join our established team of pre-operative assessment nurses within our outpatient ward. The role will require the suitable candidate to be competent in taking patient medical history and assessing the patient's suitability for surgery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assist in organisation of clinics to ensure smooth, efficient operations
- Ensure patients privacy and confidentiality
- To ensure all elective patients are pre assessed
- Carry out observations, investigations and as required
- Identify complex care patients and refer when appropriate for MDT review
- Liaise with consultants, ward and the multidisciplinary team to ensure a smooth patient journey
- To provide information to patients re there admission
- Ensure equipment is in good working order
- To maintain accurate records of patient care & charged keyed on to Meditech
- Organise tests and appointments both within and outside the hospital
- Provide patients with information regarding the management of their condition
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered
- Demonstrable knowledge previous experience as a Registered Nurse, including experience working within the NHS setting
- Basic Adult Life Support
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent with computers and able to use clinical system
- Excellent clinical governance and experience with audits
- Ability to work within a team and independently
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
At the Wilmslow Hospital, we diagnose and treat a range of conditions using some of the most advanced technology in the region, from our 3T MRI scanner to our state-of-the-art laminar flow operating theatres.
The hospital is made up of 13 consultant rooms; a full diagnostic imaging suite; 2 operating theatres and a dedicated women’s health unit. The Outpatients Department services a wide range of specialities, within which the post holder will develop skills.