Part-Time Pre-Assessment Nurse RN - Oxford Manor Hospital - £25-£30,000 (Pro-rata'd)
Do you want to work in an environment where you have the time to dedicate time & care to your patients?
Do you want to work with a team of diverse backgrounds and skillsets that you will be proud to be a part of?
Do you want to work for the UK's leading not-for-profit healthcare provider that will truly invest in your career?
If so, Nuffield Health is looking for a Pre-assessment Nurse at our Hospital. Get in touch or apply today! For a confidential chat please email firstname.lastname@example.org where we can answer any questions or if of interest arrange an informal site visit.
The department is a dynamic and busy unit and you will be able to utilize your acute skills to ensure patients are assessed and informed about their surgical journey.
We want you to be the best you can be. We will support you with training opportunities and career development options. Our unique health and wellbeing focused benefits package includes;
* Enhanced rates on overtime, unsocial hours and bank holidays.
* Free membership across all of our Fitness & Wellbeing clubs and your significant other.
* Employer and employee contributory pension scheme. Annual leave is 25 days per annum and rises with service. Plus bank holidays.
* Life assurance, private healthcare and health-screening.
* Access to the Perks at Work reward platform which gives you access to cashback and discounts with over 30,000 retailers and service providers.
* We pay for your DBS and provide your uniform.
* Not only this but we also offer a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Whether you are currently in the NHS or a private setting, we are sure you will find your career with us motivating and rewarding.
Responsibilities of a Registered Nurse / Pre-Assessment RN
- Not only make correct assessments in accordance with protocols, but also giving patients reassurance and support.
- Be part of a close-knit team with matron-led care and consultant-led service.
- Work with leading practitioners to experience new practices, equipment and facilities.
- Fully understand each patient's needs and give them and their families the comfort and reassurance that can mean so much.
- As part of the wider hospital team, you will interact with practitioners from other areas because you understand that continuity with patient care is key.
Our Ideal Nurse will:
- Have a registration with the appropriate governing body and have qualifications and experience relevant to your registration, including NMC.
- Will have experience working in a Pre-Assessment Department setting. Candidates should have experience in carrying out phlebotomy, baseline measurements, ECG, MRSA screening etc.
- Be enthusiastic, highly motivated and keen to embrace new ideas.
- Be an excellent communicator and team worker & flexible with regards to shift patterns
- Have the ability to fully understand each patient's needs and provide individual attention.
About Nuffield Manor Hospital - Oxford
Our modern hospital is based within a stone's throw of the historic City of Oxford, a world renowned centre of excellence for surgical and medical expertise. The hospital is located with excellent transport links by road and rail, both to and from London, Thames Valley and the Midlands.
We are proud of the wonderful environment and team we have established, providing our patients with first class care. We operate 6 well equipped and modern operating theatres with 64 well-presented en-suite rooms across 2 floors. We cater for both inpatient and day care, providing a broad range of surgical specialties and clinics including: Paediatrics (3 years and over), Oncology, Interventional Cardiology & Radiology, Orthopaedics, Endoscopy, Gynaecology, Urology, Ophthalmology as well as women's and men's health clinics
Salary - up to £30,000
Hours - Part-time, 22 hours per week (however we can negotiate the hours)
What to do next
To apply for the role click on the link below. If you have any questions contact Daen.Fox@nuffieldhealth.com in our friendly talent acquisition team.
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.