Junior Sister / Junior Charge Nurse - Oxford Manor Hospital - Full Time /Part Time - Up to 35,000k per annum
Are you looking to progress in your career and be recognised for the development and learning you have gained since becoming a registered nurse? Would you like to challenge yourself further and look to not only provide a quality standard of care to your patients but also guide and support others to do the same?
If any of the above rings true, then we may well be the company for you! As one of the UKs leading not-for profit healthcare providers we seek to ensure our nursing team are equipped and enabled to provide the necessary time and care to patients whilst recovering from their procedure.
Our hospital prevents, diagnoses and treats many medical and surgical conditions, offering a range of complex surgeries and services, which in turn requires our nurses to be extremely knowledgeable, skilled and adaptable whilst working alongside leading consultant specialists. Our ongoing mission is to be highly professional and stimulating, yet friendly and collaborative… like that of a large family unit.
Please get in touch or apply today! For a confidential chat, you can email Recruitment Manager Daen.Fox@nuffieldhealth.com where we will endeavour to answer any questions.
As a Junior Sister or Charge Nurse you will be supporting the Ward Manager and Deputy Ward Manager not only in the smooth running of the department through clinical working but also in maintaining quality standards on the ward and in the management of the ward.
As a Junior Sister / Charge Nurse you will:
- Lead by example as an ambassador for the Nuffield Health expectation of Quality Care.
- Be able to work flexibly across the weeks, working days, nights, long days, short days as necessary
- Coordinate the day to day, addressing any typical ward challenges and promoting a positive working environment
- Recognise staff talent; nurturing junior members of staff and mentoring them to be the best nurses they can be.
- Utilise your clinical skills to meet each individual patient's need and role model this behaviour to others.
- Act as Team Leader for a number of the staff on the ward, participating in the management and development of the team by: undertaking 1-1's, yearly appraisals, sickness management, roster allocation, training sessions, disciplinary action etc.
- Participate in clinical governance: implementing actions based on incidents or complaints, undertaking audits and reviews of services provided
- Take an active role as part of the multidisciplinary team working closely with the ward based physiotherapy team, RMO -resident medical officers, administration and some of the best clinical talent around to experience new practices, equipment and facilities.
To succeed as a Junior Sister / Charge Nurse you will;
- Be NMC registered and working as a qualified nurse.
- Ideally have a qualification in teaching and assessment, together with some mentoring experience
- Have recent experience of working within a surgical environment, plus further professional training and experience.
* Employer and employee contributory pension scheme
* We want you to be the best you can be. We will support you with training opportunities and career development options.
* Free membership across all of our Fitness & Wellbeing clubs,
* Life assurance, private healthcare and health-screening.
* Access to the Perks at work reward platform which gives you access to cashback and discounts with over 30,000 retailers and service providers.
* Not only this but we also offer a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
About Nuffield Manor Hospital - Oxford
Our modern hospital is based within a stone's throw of the historic City of Oxford, a world renowned centre of excellence for surgical and medical expertise.
We are proud of the wonderful environment and team we have established, providing our patients with first class care. We operate 6 well equipped and modern operating theatres with 64 well-presented en-suite rooms across 2 floors. We cater for both inpatient and day care, providing a broad range of surgical specialties and clinics including: Paediatrics (3 years and over), Oncology, Interventional Cardiology & Radiology, Orthopaedics, Endoscopy, Gynaecology, Urology, Ophthalmology as well as women's and men's health clinics
The hospital is located with excellent transport links by road and rail, both to and from London, Thames Valley and the Midlands.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary - up-to £35,000 per annum
Permanent, Full Time