Nuffield Health is Britain's largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as a Senior Staff Nurse in our Guildford Hospital and play your part in building a healthier nation.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic nurse to join an established Chemotherapy Team.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled, motivated, confident chemotherapy nurse to join our Oncology Day Unit team at our Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital.
This post will support the Oncology patients through their cancer journey. Our Macmillan adopted unit accommodates up to 20 patients per day and treats a variety of cancers including Breast, Cervical, Ovarian, Pancreatic, GI cancers, Prostate and Haematology. You will work within a team of skilled chemotherapy nurses as well as part of a Multi-disciplinary team ensuring that our patients are treated with the best possible care.
You should have a minimum of two year's oncology experience including the administration of Chemotherapy, cannulation and use of CVAD's.
A Cancer qualification is desirable but not essential. There are plenty of opportunities for staff to develop their knowledge and skills and you will be offered support for your on-going professional development.
About Guildford Hospital
Working with leading consultants, we prevent, diagnose and treat many medical conditions and offer a wide range of complex surgery and services. Our facilities include acute dependency and oncology units, and a digital theatre. We've been awarded the Macmillan Quality Environment Mark for cancer care. Our site is shared with an NHS Trust hospital, giving us access to their facilities. The working atmosphere is highly professional and stimulating, yet friendly and collaborative like that of a large family unit. Easily accessible from the A3 or M25, we are located about 1.5 miles from the town centre.
Find out more about our hospital-
Whether you join us from the NHS or a private setting, we will give you the greatest opportunities to fulfil your passion for nursing and grow your career. You will have the chance to inspire others to deliver the highest standards of patient care. As a Senior Staff Nurse you will:
- Lead by example and be an ambassador for the Nuffield Health way of caring.
- Recognise talent, nurture junior members of staff and mentor them to be the best nurses they can be.
- Use clinical skills and an empathetic approach to meet each individual patient's need.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team and work with some of the best clinical talent around to experience new practices, equipment and facilities.
- Provide day-to-day supervision, including clinical supervision of junior nursing staff and students.
- Work scheduling and rotas; involvement in recruitment, induction and performance reviews, training, development and mentoring.
To succeed as a Senior Staff Nurse you will:
- Be NMC registered and be a qualified nurse.
- Ideally have a qualification in teaching and assessment, together with some mentoring experience or a Level 2 or 3 management qualification.
- Have excellent clinical skills and experience in a mentoring role.
If you would like to discuss this role, please call Jo Lowe, Oncology Manager on 01483 207326.
We want you to be the best you can be. We promise that we will support you with training opportunities, career development options and our unique health & wellbeing focused benefits package. This includes free membership across all of our Fitness & Wellbeing clubs, along with free private healthcare. Not only this but we also offer a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary - Up to £38,000 per annum, depending on experience
Location- Guildford Hospital
Contract Type - Permanent
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.