Pre-Assessment Nurse RN - Cheltenham Hospital
Nuffield Health, the UK's largest not for profit healthcare provider, is looking for a Registered Nurse at our Cheltenham Hospital.
Do you want to work in an environment where you have the time to dedicate time & care to your patients? Do you want to work for the UKs not for profit healthcare provider?
If so, Nuffield Health is looking for a Pre-assessment Nurse at our Nuffield Health Hospital. Get in touch or apply today! For a confidential chat please email firstname.lastname@example.org where we can answer any questions or if of interest arrange an informal site visit.
The department is a dynamic and busy unit and you will be able to utilize your acute skills to ensure patients are assessed and informed about their surgical journey.
Informal visits are welcomed, get in touch with Daen Fox to arrange. Daen can be reached on Daen.Fox@nuffieldhealth.com
We want you to be the best you can be. We will support you with training opportunities and career development options. Our unique health and wellbeing focused benefits package includes;
* Enhanced rates on overtime, unsocial hours and bank holidays.
* Free membership across all of our Fitness & Wellbeing clubs and your significant other.
* Employer and employee contributory pension scheme. Annual leave is 25 days per annum and rises with service. Plus bank holidays.
* Life assurance, private healthcare and health-screening.
* Access to the Perks at Work reward platform which gives you access to cashback and discounts with over 30,000 retailers and service providers.
* We pay for your DBS and provide your uniform.
* Not only this but we also offer a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Whether you are currently in the NHS or a private setting, we are sure you will find your career with us motivating and rewarding.
Responsibilities of a Registered Nurse / Pre-Assessment RN
- Not only make correct assessments in accordance with protocols, but also giving patients reassurance and support.
- Be part of a close-knit team with matron-led care and consultant-led service.
- Work with leading practitioners to experience new practices, equipment and facilities.
- Fully understand each patient's needs and give them and their families the comfort and reassurance that can mean so much.
- As part of the wider hospital team, you will interact with practitioners from other areas because you understand that continuity with patient care is key.
- Co-operating with anaesthetists and consultants on a daily basis
- Working autonomously with patients reviewing history, past medical history and follow ups and undertake tests accordingly.
Our Ideal Nurse will:
- Have a registration with the appropriate governing body and have qualifications and experience relevant to your registration, including NMC.
- Will have experience working in a Pre-Assessment Department setting. Candidates should have experience in carrying out phlebotomy, baseline measurements, ECG, MRSA screening etc.
- Be enthusiastic, highly motivated and keen to embrace new ideas.
- Be an excellent communicator and team worker & flexible with regards to shift patterns
- Have the ability to fully understand each patient's needs and provide individual attention.
- Safe and effective pre op care, basic understanding of long term conditions
- Demonstrate advanced level of assessment to determine fitness for surgery
Nuffield Health Cheltenham Hospital is one of the leading providers of private healthcare in the South West.
Within our facility, the senior nursing team strongly believe in personal & professional development and actively encourage staff to partake in annual appraisals and to develop themselves through attendance at study days, learning new clinical skills and sharing knowledge with colleagues. With access to 15 consulting rooms, diagnostic testing, ENT suite, Mammography, support from 3 treatment rooms there will be the resources and facilities to deliver best in practice care.
We were very proud to be rated overall as Good at our most recent CQC inspection.
The hospital is located with excellent transport links by road and rail.
Whether you are currently in the NHS or a private setting, we're sure you will find your career with us motivating and rewarding. Like all of us at Nuffield Health, you do what you do because you care. Every one of our brilliant people is passionate about making a real difference.
Informal visits are welcomed.
Salary - up to £29,000
Hours - Full-Time 37.5 hours per week (However Part-Time can be considered)
We operate on various shifts between - 8am-6pm and the opening hours on a Saturday are 8am-3.30pm.
What to do next
To apply for the role click on the link below. If you have any questions contact Daen.Fox@nuffieldhealth.com in our talent acquisition team.
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.