Babylon has an exciting opportunity for a Practice Nurse to join our growing nursing team of exceptional ANPs, Practice Nurses and HCAs working as part of the UK's largest NHS GP Practice.
This role is integral to ensuring that the practice provides an outstanding level of nursing care relevant to the practice population. Working in an innovative NHS Primary Care setting you will be situated in state of the art clinics across Central London and will enjoy the many benefits that we have to offer.
We are dedicated to providing continual learning and development opportunities for every member of the team, we are looking for outstanding nurses who are passionate about delivering the highest quality nursing care.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
Other tasks include:
- To facilitate the care of practice patients to include treatment, preventative care, screening and patient education.
- To act in a professional manner at all times and adhere to practice level local and national guidelines, policies and protocols.
- To maintain a safe and effective level of practice and to bring any deficits in training and education to the nursing team lead so that these can be addressed.
- Work as an effective team member. To provide continuing care to patients across the whole practice population
- To provide health maintenance and health promotion services for patients to explore their health needs.
- Maintain effective communication with patients, carers, relatives and members of the multidisciplinary team ensuring information is shared appropriately and confidentially so patient needs are met in accordance with NHS directives and safeguarding policies (DH 2003; DH 2010)
- Protect and maintain patient records to the agreed Practice standard and in accordance with professional record keeping standards (NMC 2009)
- Administer medicines in accordance with a non-medical prescribing framework, patient specific direction or patient group direction in accordance with the standards for medicine management (NMC 2007)
- Organise, manage and prioritise own workload ensuring care of patients is paramount
- Develop the role by using evidence-based practice and continuously improving your own knowledge as defined by the NMC and revalidation guidelines.
- Chronic disease management: Respiratory Disease (Asthma/COPD), Diabetes, Coronary Heart Disease
- Assist in/perform routine tasks related to patient care as directed by Nurse Manager and GPs
- women's health
- Wound care
- Travel health
- Removal of sutures
- New patient medicals / Urinalysis
- Hypertension management
- Ear syringing
- Routine immunisations / childhood immunisations
- Chaperoning and assisting patients where appropriate who are being examined by another clinician
- Requesting pathology tests, for example urine culture, swabs
- Following agreed clinical protocols with referral to Nurse Manager or GPs as appropriate If appropriate, prescribe medicines in accordance with the NMC Standards for Medicines Management (2007), the NMC Code of Professional Standards (2015) and the Nurse Prescribing Implementation Plan (1998).
- Facilitate learning and support students of any discipline undertaking a work placement within the practice.
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment in line with infection control policy.
- Ensure clinic rooms are adequately maintained including stocking and rotating items as required.
- Ordering of vaccinations to ensure adequate stock levels.
- A duty to advise the management team if you are allocated a task that is outside of your scope of practice.
- Attend and participate in any practice meetings when required
- On occasion there may be a requirement to undertake home visits or asked to move location to cover absence.
- Any other delegated duties appropriate to the role by senior/lead nurse.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Registered General Nurse with evidence of current NMC registration
- GPN qualification
- Qualifications/signed competencies in the activities listed above and a willingness to work towards any not yet obtained
WHO YOU ARE
- A willingness to undertake additional courses, training and education to meet the needs of the position; this includes attendance at on and off-site meetings and some study during non-working hours
- A willingness to adapt working practice to meet changing practice and service development
- Flexibility of working across sites if required
- Performance is monitored on an ongoing basis and formally appraised annually
- Travel to Babylon HQ (London) may be required
PERK AT WORK
- 25 days annual leave
- Participation in the Babylon Bonus 5% employer pension contribution for 5% employee contribution
- Life Insurance 4x annual base salary
- Free Babylon subscription for Babylon services
- Private Medical Insurance for you (and your family)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle 2 Work Scheme
- Commuter Club
- Eye care voucher reimbursement (up to £20)
- Participation in Babylon’s refer a friend scheme
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay.
- Health & Wellbeing resources
- Up to £80 towards noise cancelling headphones
WORKING AT BABYLON
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
TO APPLY CLICK ON THE APPLY BUTTON
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply click on the APPLY button