Caring. Compassionate. Skilled. Meticulous. Enthusiastic.
These are just some of the words that we’d used to describe the world-class nurses at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).
Here on Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) we are looking for experienced Band 5 nurses or nurses who have completed an ICU course wishing to advance to a Band 6 role.
Whether you have experience in the field or would like to consider a change in their career to one of these exciting specialties, we offer a fantastic world class education programme which will help you develop your specialist knowledge and skills.
What we can offer you?
- Opportunity to develop skills involving the management of deteriorating patients, ventilation, chest drains, post-operative care, complex discharges, child development and inotropes.
- Procedures, pre and post transplant care (heart and lung)
- 1:1 meetings with ward manager every 3 months, with structured feedback
- Ward level educational support on shift
- Completion of competency documents
- Career progression including education and specialist nursing roles
- Flexible working
- Staff accommodation
- Interest Free season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
No paediatric practice, no problem! We welcome everyone with an interest in joining this exciting field of clinical practice.
If you want the opportunity to make a special connection with patients and their families, come see what we can do for you.
Band 5 Salary: £30,786 - £37,841 per annum inclusive
Band 6 Salary: £38,768 - £46,124 per annum inclusive
To find out more or to apply please click on the APPLY Button.