The School of Nursing and Midwifery has an exciting opportunity for a Registered Adult Nurse to join an innovative and forwarding thinking team as an Assistant Lecturer.
Our vision as a School of Nursing and Midwifery is to aspire to lead Nursing and Midwifery education. To be the first choice for students and apprentices, colleagues and employers within Birmingham, across the West Midlands, nationally and globally.
The successful applicant will support the development, delivery and student assessment within a range of contemporary, evidenced-based modules of study within our Future Nurse curriculum.
- Develop and apply inspiring teaching techniques and content that foster enthusiasm, understanding and critical enquiry amongst students, through both online and face-to-face teaching delivery.
- Offer practice and academic guidance across the range of learner levels.
- Develop strategic internal and external networks.
- Provide pastoral support, enabling students to thrive and become independent professionals who are proud to be part of Birmingham City University.
- Be supported to develop research, enterprise and scholarly activities which are integral to the role.
- Participate in the core delivery of our courses including the recruitment and selection processes relating to the recruitment of student nurses and thus the future nursing workforce.
Essential criteria for interested applicants include the following:
- Hold a current NMC Nursing registration.
- Educated to degree level in a clinically relevant subject area.
- Have experience in supervising and assessing pre-registration learners within the clinical practice environment.
Desirable criteria for interested applicants include the following:
- Previous HEI or formal practice-based teaching experience.
- A Postgraduate Certificate in Education or equivalent.
- A Master’s degree in a clinically relevant subject area.
We are a well-established, supportive, friendly team that work in close partnership with practice partners and students to create an inspiring learning environment. As a team, we are fully committed to striving for excellence and aim to provide outstanding student experiences. As such, successful applicants will if necessary, be fully funded and supported through our own teacher training apprenticeship. This will include full support for study attendance, and the allocation of a dedicated mentor to support them through the learning requirements.
Our facilities are located in a beautiful, leafy campus in the Edgbaston area of Birmingham, next door to the Botanical Gardens with excellent transport connections. Birmingham City University offers attractive benefits which include up to 32 days annual holiday, an index linked contributory pension scheme, and an employee assistance scheme.
We encourage applicants to arrange an informal discussion prior to their application, for contact details please click on the APPLY button below.