Nursing opportunities available with NICU, PaNDR and PICU
We are currently recruiting for nurses with exceptional clinical and communication skills to join our PICU, NICU and PaNDR (Paediatric and Neonatal Decision Support and Retrieval Service) teams.
Our NICU and PICU are both regional specialist intensive care units providing neonatal and paediatric medical, surgical, neurosurgery, plastics, ENT, oncology and other specialist services. Our PICU is part of the regional Trauma Centre and the NICU is one of the three tertiary centres in the East of England Neonatal Operational Delivery Network.
Referrals to both units are transported by the specialist PaNDR service which operates out of Addenbrooke’s Hospital and with whom we work in partnership. The PaNDR service provides critical care retrievals for neonates and children up to the age of 16 years requiring transfer from different locations.
With plans for a pioneering new Children’s Hospital in development for the East of England and based in Cambridge, this is a perfect time to join our paediatric and neonatal services. More information about the Cambridge Children’s hospital can be found at: https://www.cambridgechildrens.org.uk/
We currently have the following career opportunities available:
- PICU Staff Nurse, Band 5
- PICU Junior Sister, Band 6
- NICU Senior Sister, Band 7
- NICU Junior Sister, Band 6
- NICU Staff Nurse, Band 5
- PaNDR Paediatric Retrieval Junior Sister, Band 6
- PaNDR /NICU rotation, Band 6
- PaNDR/PICU rotation, Band 6
Professionalism and clinical competence in neonatal or paediatric intensive care are key qualities required. Applicants must be proactive in pursuing a quality service for the neonates and children and families in our care. Successful applicants will be provided with plenty of opportunities to develop and maintain their clinical, leadership and management skills in highly supportive team structures.
Our Paediatric Practice Development teams will ensure that you receive a full and comprehensive orientation package, professional support and plenty of learning and development opportunities.
Why choose Cambridge University Hospitals?
- Our values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- For staff and aspiring leaders we offer study time and or financial support to complete an MSc in Nursing, subject to application.
- £1000 Welcome Subsidy on commencement and up to a further £3000 loan to support your resettlement and contribute towards a deposit or first months’ (rent subject to eligibility)
- Preceptorship and mentoring programmes delivered by a dedicated clinical education support team
- Research experience and opportunities
- Culturally diverse city, prestigious universities and colleges, modern Science Parks and historical landmarks
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air)
For more information regarding these opportunities, please apply below