**WELCOME BONUS FOR ALL NEWLY RECRUITED STAFF NURSES!**
Schoen Clinic Newbridge House is an award winning and specialist Eating Disorder facility based in Streetly, Sutton Coldfield, providing in and out-patient services to young people aged between 8-18yrs.
With an enviable reputation for excellent service provision, our unit was rated “Outstanding” by the CQC in 2016 and 2018 and we were Hospital Group of The Year and Nursing Practice winners in both 2019 and 2020.
As our reputation in service excellence continues to grow, we are currently recruiting for full-time and part-time Staff Nurses to join our welcoming and professional team at Schoen Clinic Newbridge House.
You will be working as part of a highly talented and close multi-disciplinary team of professionals and the support that you will provide will enable young people to help themselves in their recovery from their eating disorder.
The role itself will suit highly professional and experienced Staff Nurses who will provide competent and empathic clinical care to inpatients, according to the treatment plans prescribed by the MDT. The successful applicant will be responsible for planning, implementing, assessing, and evaluating nursing care, using evidence-based practice. You will be used to utilising a patient-centred approach, working closely with patients and their families and involving them in care planning.
Please note shifts are as follows:
Early - 7:00am-3:00pm
Late - 1:00pm-9:00pm
Nights - 8:00pm-8:00am
- Contribute to highly specialist assessment of eating disorders in young people.
- Establish therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Assist in the development, co-facilitation and staffing of therapeutic groups.
- Maintain appropriate, supportive and respectful relationships with carers and family members
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times in accordance with the General Data Protection Act, The Children Act, Safeguarding legislation, the NMC and Newbridge House Policy.
- Operate at own level of professional competency.
- Contribute to appropriate multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Manage the implementation of therapeutic meal provision.
- Be responsible for the safe storage and administration of medicines and clinical equipment.
- Demonstrate awareness of safeguarding principles in all dealings with young people and their families.
- RMN, and /or Registered Children’s nurse
- Skills in clinical risk assessment.
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act and Children Act.
- Knowledge of NICE guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders.
- Knowledge of Junior Marzipan guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders
- Knowledge of Safeguarding legislation and practice
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work as an effective team member, displaying a flexible and supportive approach when appropriate.
- Ability to work sensitively with clients, relatives and carers.
- Salary up to £34,994 with an annual salary review
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Professional development opportunities
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Private Medical Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening & the inclusion of pre-existing conditions.
- Eye care scheme with Specsavers
- Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- Paid emergency leave
- Occupational Sick Pay above SSP
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Employee Assistance Programme with wellbeing support
To find our more about us and / or to apply click on the APPLY button.
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Whilst Schoen Clinic value the services of recruitment agencies, we do not wish to engage on this occasion. Thank you.