Demelza provides specialist care and emotional support for children and young people with terminal conditions and their loved ones, across Kent, East Sussex and South East London.
We help with every element of life for a child or young person with a terminal condition by providing tailored care. From diagnosis through to end of life and bereavement services, were there for that journey.
We are looking for Registered Nurses (Children or Learning Disabilities) to join our Community team in West Kent. This role forms part of our care at home service, supporting families across Kent, South East London and East Sussex.
Benefits of working with Demelza include:
- 36 days holiday which includes an allowance for bank holidays and increases with long service
- Paid travel time and mileage allowance
- Flexible working patterns
- Keep your NHS pension* or join our contributory pension scheme
- Training and career development
You will have:
- post registration experience of working with children, preferably within the community and/or palliative care setting
- the ability to work in collaboration with other professionals, teams and families with a flexible approach to working
- experience of working as part of a team and excellent communication skills
- the ability to use your initiative and positively challenge views
This role requires extensive travel, for which a reliable vehicle with business insurance and full driving licence are essential.
Working hours will be flexibly agreed to cover the needs of the children and families, predominantly Monday to Friday, but will include some weekends and public holidays. Occasional participation in the on call rota for end-of-life care is also required, for which additional enhancement payments will be made. Flexible working and split shift patterns considered.
Apply now to join #TeamDemelza and be part of our passion and dedication to be there when we are needed the most.
Closing Date - 30th November 2021
*must have contributed in the last 12 months
**please contact HR for qualification criteria
Some of our vacancies receive high numbers of applications and we may close the vacancy early when we have reached a maximum number of applications. You are advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Enhanced DBS Disclosure check may be undertaken dependant on role. Demelza is an equal opportunities employer. Registered Charity No 1039651. Demelza is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To see how we process your data, please visit our website and view our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
For further information and/or to apply click the apply button.