Staff Nurse - RN
Outpatients & Pre-Assessment
Nuffield Health is Britain's largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as a Staff Nurse RGN in our Hereford Hospital and play your part in building a healthier nation.
About the role
Whether you join us from the NHS or a private setting, we are sure you will discover a more interesting and rewarding career with us. Here, you will realise nursing as it should be.. with more time to care and get to know the people who are your patients.
As a Staff Nurse at Hereford, we do things a little different. Coming into the team you will work across both Pre - Assessment and Outpatients departments enabling you to perform a dual-purposed and varied role.
- In Pre Assessment, you will be responsible for the completion of a comprehensive history taking, to ensure that the patient is fit/suitable for surgery. This will include medication reviews, past medical history, carrying out any required tests such as blood , ECG, swabs etc. You will collaborate with the Consultant, Anaesthetist, Ward and Theatre staff as you act upon test results as necessary.
- Working in Outpatients, you will be part of the day to day running of a series of varied clinics, acting as chaperone and assisting in examinations. In the treatment room you will be involved in a variety of procedures including wound care, phlebotomy and minor operative procedures.
Whatever team you find yourself in, you will be an expert in your field where you will combine a passion for delivering excellent patient care, with the ability to manage varied and interesting caseload. Your empathetic nature will reassure and encourage patients while also having the clinical skills to take part in procedures and recovery. You will have exposure to a wide range of procedures, requiring all your skills and experience, fully understand each case from a technical and personal viewpoint. Instinctively meet patient's needs, giving them and their families the comfort and reassurance they need when they are at their most vulnerable.
What are we looking for?
To succeed as a Staff Nurse , you will;
- Be registered with the appropriate governing body. You will have the qualifications and experience relevant to your registration including NMC.
- Have post-registration experience.
- Be an excellent communicator and team worker.
- You will also be flexible and motivated.
We want you to be the best you can be. We will support you with training opportunities and career development options. Our unique health and wellbeing focused benefits package includes;
- Enhanced rates on overtime, unsocial hours and bank holidays
- Free membership across all of our Fitness & Wellbeing clubs.
- Employer and employee contributory pension scheme.
- Life assurance, private healthcare and health-screening.
- Access to the Perks at work reward platform which gives you access to cashback and discounts with over 30,000 retailers and service providers.
- Not only this but we also offer a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.