Full/part time or job share
£43,458 to £47144 plus £1000 joining Bonus once you start and a further £1000 on completion of the probationary period
An Exciting opportunity has arisen at Dee View Court Specialist neurological centre for a Full or Part Time Practice Educator. This integral role will Develop, lead and implement the service’s education and training plan based on the Sue Ryder Learning, Development and Workforce Strategy. This post has a responsibility for supporting staff and enabling practice development based on best available evidence and is perfect for anyone wanting to develop and progress in their own career.
At Dee View Court, Scotland's only purpose build Neurological care centre, we provide the support people need to optimise their health and wellbeing, maximise their independence and support their emotional and social needs. We are here for people with conditions that get worse over time – such as Huntington’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s disease – as well as those with conditions resulting from a brain or spinal injury or stroke. Our expert team includes Sue Ryder Nurses, registered mental health nurses, care assistants, physiotherapists and occupational therapists who are specialists in supporting the physical, communicative, cognitive, behavioural and psychological needs of people with neurological conditions. Our focus is on giving every person the help they need to live their life in the way they choose.
The Practice Educator role:
• Developing, leading and implementing the service's education and training plan.
• The delivery of training to external purchasers that will generate income.
• Support practice development to enhance the skills and knowledge of clinical staff to promote and facilitate improvements in practice and to improve the experience of service users and their families.
• Work flexibly to support the developmental needs of all staff, including support staff and volunteers working with complex neurological conditions, including end of life care.
• Demonstrate clinical leadership and promote clinical supervision
Essential skills required:
• Registered Clinical Professional (registered with NMC, HCPC)
• Educated to degree level (level 12)
• Recognised teaching qualification e.g. post graduate certificate in Health and Social Care Education
• Evidence of continuous professional development
• Experience in a clinical and educational role in specialist healthcare
• Post-graduate qualification
• Leadership qualification
• Coaching qualification
***Recruitment & retention bonus - a total payment of £3600 per annum, paid in 12 equal monthly instalments along with your normal pay (pro-rata for part-time staff)***
• Competitive enhanced pay for nights (30%), weekends (45%) and public holidays (60%)
• Company pension scheme
• 25 days holiday - rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays
• Option to buy and sell up to five days holiday
• Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
• Enhanced sick pay
• Corporate discount with hundreds of retailers and services
• Staff discount of 15% on new goods online at shop.sueryder.org
• Season ticket loan
• Cash referral bonus scheme
• Online Wellbeing Centre
• Free Will writing service
• Staff finance loans
• Free uniform
• Carers leave policy
• Subsidised onsite meals and drinks
• Structured induction programme and learning and development opportunities.