An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead nurse for our General Practice Nursing Team delivering NHS primary care in our clinics across London.
The successful post holder will work closely with the Director of Nursing and our senior practice nurses to provide strong and inspirational leadership to the nursing team.
You will be a key member of the team and entrusted to help develop the service to be as effective as it can be with your experience, passion and ability to think outside the box. We are looking for an experienced nurse who is an enthusiastic and innovative leader to ensure we continue to deliver outstanding levels of nursing care for our NHS registered patients.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the operational management of the Nursing Team providing support, guidance and direction to achieve optimal standards of care, (currently this team includes Practice Nurses, Healthcare assistants, nursing associates and Phlebotomists). The expectation of this role is 20% clinical & 80% management.
Our ideal candidate will have at least 5 years post registration experience with specific experience of working in primary care and possess exceptional leadership skills.
What to expect:
You will report to the Director of Nursing
Your working days will be Monday - Friday, combining home working, supporting teams in the clinics and some office based work in central London.
You will work collaboratively with other teams delivering primary care services, including GP’s, ANP’s and Mental health practitioners, social prescribers, physios, pharmacists and health and wellbeing coaches.
Through this collaborative approach, you will be instrumental in the practice’s achievement towards QOF and other GP contractual services.
You will assist with both the day to day functioning and the future development of our UK clinical NHS service
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON:
- You will be responsible for Line management of the General Practice Nursing team
- You will promote and demonstrate effective communication with the General Practice Nursing team
- You will be responsible for rota planning, monitoring of annual leave, absence and sickness
- You will conduct appraisals and provide regular constructive feedback and supervision to direct reports to support their professional development.
- You will coach and supervise Nursing staff through the revalidation process.
- You will work with the director of nursing to facilitate and support opportunities for growth and development within the team - including , trainee practice nurses, trainee nursing associates and individual development goals for each team member
- You will work with our recruitment and onboarding team to ensure successful recruitment into the team. You will work with the senior practice nurses to plan and monitor induction processes for new starters you will work with the Senior practice nurses to plan placements for students whilst on placement
- You will lead on Nursing team incidents, complaints, and significant events including conducting the investigations and making recommendations for improvement.
- You will act as the Infection Prevention and Control lead, leading on the management, implementation and training of infection control systems and procedures - (training will be provided if needed).
- You will develop, review and implement Nursing Policies and SOPs as required.
- You will work alongside the Director of Nursing and Medical Directors to establish the best ways of achieving QOF and delivering enhanced services
- You will contribute to the development and improvement of nursing services for Gp at Hand and Babylon Health
- You will ensure all nursing services conform to CQC and other statutory requirements, with the aim of reaching and maintaining the ‘outstanding’ gold standard.
- You will establish and maintain effective working relationships with all key stakeholders both internally and externally
- You will provide outstanding quality nursing care at all times in accordance with NMC code of conduct and scope of practice.
- Experience in primary care practice nursing essential including Chronic Disease management
- Childhood immunisations
- Routine immunisations and campaigns
- Cervical cytology
- Contraception checks
- Wound care
- Travel health
- Venepuncture/ ECG
WHO YOU ARE:
- Willingness to undertake additional courses, training and education to meet the needs of the position; this includes attendance at on and off-site meetings and some study during non-working hours.
- A willingness to adapt working practice to meet changing practice and service development.
- Flexibility of working across sites if required.
- Performance is monitored on an ongoing basis and formally appraised annually.
- Travel to Babylon london clinics and HQ (London) are all expected
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Registered General Nurse with evidence of current NMC registration
- Management experience (desirable)
- Good understanding of QOF and GP contractual targets(desirable)
- General practice nursing qualification(desirable)
TO APPLY CLICK ON THE APPLY BUTTON
WORKING AT BABYLON
Whether you work in one of our amazing offices or a distributed team, Babylon is highly collaborative and fun! You’ll have a chance to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders. We have a learning environment where you can make an impact.
WHO WE ARE
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who shares our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant. To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever-growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalized health service and make it universally available.
At Babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare. We’re only as good as our people. So, finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
DIVERSITY AT BABYLON
We believe that difference inspires a better, healthier world. That’s why it’s at the heart of everything we do. From our people to our products, difference enriches every part of our business and creates a culture based on equality of opportunity, and in which all Babylonians can progress their careers. We’re committed to creating an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, pregnancy status, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply click on the APPLY button.