- Full-time and part-time opportunities are available in a range of our Mental Health settings
- Must hold a relevant/appropriate Mental Health nursing qualification or equivalent and have Mental Health nursing experience
- Registered Psychiatric Nurses (RPNs) Grade 2, Year 2 - Year 8
- Salary range $65,276 to $87,282 per annum depending on experience plus allowances (in accordance with the Victorian Public Mental Health Services Enterprise Agreement 2016 - 2020)
- Join an award winning Mental Health team
Your new team
Full-time and part-time opportunities are available now for Mental Health nurses, in both Acute Inpatient Units (IPUs) and with our Community teams.
NorthWestern Mental Health is Melbourne’s leading public provider of Mental Health services achieved through the professionalism and commitment from our Mental Health nurses who deliver quality front-line, evidence-based services across our Adult, Youth and Aged Care Programs.
Our evidence based nursing approach is enhanced by our Academic Mental Health Nursing Research Unit in conjunction with the Australian Catholic University.
Registered Psychiatric Nurses - Grade 2 will be required to provide quality standards of care including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
So why not take your career to the next level by joining the award winning NorthWestern Mental Health team?
Your success in this role will be in your ability to:
- Contribute your expertise in clinical meetings, ensuring clinical standards of care are met
- Provide Mental Health assessments and treatment to consumers and their families/carers
- Provide overall coordination of care and deliver care as required on a shift-to-shift basis
- Provide clinical supervision of undergraduate nursing students on placement and junior staff within their discipline specific team
- Manage clinical risk and actively work toward implementing risk reduction strategies
- Promote a friendly, respectful and supportive environment within the organisation
- Demonstrated experience in Mental Health nursing
- Excellent interpersonal skills plus the ability to communicate effectively with consumers, families/carers, colleagues and other service providers
- Commitment to ongoing professional self-development
Our commitment to you:
Here at the RMH/NWMH we strive for excellence with a strong purpose that defines the work we do for our community - Advancing health for everyone, every day. This is the ‘Melbourne Way.’
We believe our success comes from our people. We’re committed to the RMH/NWMH being a great place to work and a great place to receive care. We have made a long-term commitment to strengthen our organisational culture through leadership, education and empowering our staff to ‘Speak Up’ for themselves and each other.
This is a role where your passion and expertise can come together to create a truly defining career opportunity. It is a unique opportunity to help us transform the future of the RMH/NWMH and ultimately ensure we continue to deliver world class healthcare.
The RMH/NWMH stands in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in work and care. We are proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
Interested in joining our team?
For further information and/or to apply click the apply button.