Aaban Partnership Ltd is a new and exciting service offering high-quality specialist mental health services for young people with complex needs. Aaban Partnership Ltd has two CQC regulated bespoke built 10 bedded units offering Assessment, Stabilisation, treatment, and intervention for young people aged 13 -18 years.
Providence Unit (Assessment and Stabilisation Unit) is now fully operational, however, we are looking to open Moira Unit (Treatment and Intervention Unit) and require passionate, committed, hard-working RMN Nurses to work as part of our multi disciplinary team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You’ll be confident in assessing a variety of acute and complex mental health issues as well as collaboratively planning and implementing treatment. You’ll be familiar with multi-agency working and have a clear understanding of the importance of family involvement. We are looking for a highly skilled communicator who can relate to children and involves them in all aspects of their care. You’ll have worked in a least-restrictive environment.
Job role to include the following:
- Engaging young people and developing therapeutic relationships
- Supporting young people through therapeutic interventions/programs
- Escorting and supporting young people in the community
- Attending meetings to share feedback about young person’s presentation
- Completing records and notes in accordance with policy
- Safeguarding young people
- Risk assessment and risk management
- Encouraging the young person to engage with their weekly timetable
- Providing stimulating activity
- Life skills development
- Physical health monitoring
- Empowering young people to be the best they can be
- Supervising support staff
- Verbal de-escalation
- Use of DBT Skills – Training will be provided.
- Working with families and carers
- Adhering to data protection act and policies
- Attend and participate in handovers
- Monitoring young people’s health and well-being and reporting back to senior staff
- Uphold and adhere to all local and company policy and procedures
- Information governance
- Work with the wider/local community in a positive manner
- Work with positive behaviour support plans
The range of duties and responsibilities outlined above are indicative and are intended to give an idea about the range and type of expected duties, they are subject to change, modification in line with development of the service and staff member.
All staff members employed by Aaban Partnership Ltd are expected to be familiar with and aware of their responsibilities in relation to local children’s safeguarding board, local adult safeguarding board and procedures for safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults.
£1000 welcome bonus, payable on satisfactory DBS and references. This bonus is repayable if the probation period is not completed or staff leaves within 12 months.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent. Days and Night position available
Salary £33,000 - £43,000 (Subject to experience)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Location: Oswaldtwistle, Accrington