Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve?
We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Set in the leafy suburb of Edgbaston, close to Birmingham City centre, Priory Hospital Woodbourne is conveniently located for access to the West Midlands motorway network and with very good local public transport links.
The hospital provides a diverse range of inpatient services, including acute and psychiatric intensive care, Child and Adolescent Mental Health, specialist Eating Disorder and private acute and addictions treatment programmes. Our multi-disciplinary teams deliver personalised treatment programmes to our patients and have established an excellent reputation for providing the highest standards of care.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED PEOPLE LIKE YOU!!
Knowing that you're making a difference to people's lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
We are seeking an Occupational Therapist to work within our hospital wards at Woodbourne Priory Hospital. Suitable candidates will have a degree in Occupational Therapy (MSc pre-registration or BSc) and registration with HCPC. The role involves applying OT interventions 1-to-1 with patients and also leading group work, and experience of both is highly desired.
We are looking to recruit a values-led, resourceful, motivated OT; with experience in mental health, who enjoys new challenges and who has an understanding of the value of being engaged in meaningful occupations. This role requires compassion, enthusiasm, creativity and proactivity.
As an Occupational Therapist, you will support our patients to engage in self-care, productive and recreational groups. This will be achieved through the planning and facilitation of 1:1 and group interventions. You will work alongside the therapy team and members of the multidisciplinary team to identify the patients' Occupational Needs.
Using the MOHO framework, you will undertake OT assessments, interventions and evaluations.
Core clinical roles:
- Conduct / contribute to the assessment process, as well as the observation and ongoing assessment, providing accurate and timely feedback.
- Participate in the planning, implementation / evaluation and ongoing review of treatment plans.
- Assess service users' response to activities in accordance with agreed models of practice e.g. MOHO.
- Provide practical support, advice and education to service users, carer's and other disciplines.
- Responsible for the recording of all patient related information.
- Produce accurate and timely documentation on all clients in line with your Professional Code of Conduct and organisational policies.
- Carry out risk assessments including any potential hazards in the service users environment.
- Attend multi-disciplinary meetings i.e. referral / review / business / CTP / CPA and weekly ward rounds.
- Report and document incidents as required.
- Facilitate and support in group work such as relaxation, health promotion etc.
- Participate in research where appropriate and contribute to the development of service policies.
You will be responsible for observing, recording and reporting Patients involvement in 1:1s and groups. You will observe and monitor the well-being of patients ensuring that any unusual physical, mental or emotional occurrences are promptly referred to more senior staff and documented as appropriate.
You will be required to ensure the effective, timely and accurate updating of clinical records and computerised information systems.
Experience of working in inpatient mental health or similar role would be desirable.