Priory Hospital Bristol are looking to recruit personable, flexible and motivated Healthcare Assistants ("HCA") to support our qualified staff with the delivery of care to our patients. We are looking for someone friendly and welcoming, with a passion for care to join our team!
Priory Hospital Bristol is a leading UK centre of private support for individuals, couples and families facing a wide range of mental health challenges. We offer calming and recovery focused inpatient treatment for up to 68 service users as well as day care and outpatient services. Personalised treatment programmes are delivered by our multidisciplinary team, specialising in the management and treatment of acute and complex mental health problems.
Located in a secluded part of Bristol, Priory Hospital Bristol is set within a striking Grade II listed building. It is one of the UK's leading centres for the treatment of a wide range of mental health conditions such as addictions, depression and anxiety, and boasts relaxing living areas and beautiful gardens.
Lotus Ward is a 10 bedded, mixed gendered, specialist eating disorder unit that runs a diverse therapy programme. We are dedicated to providing personalized anorexia treatment, support and therapy. Patients admitted to the ward for treatment will primarily have a diagnosis of Anorexia Nervosa but may have co-morbid mental or physical health conditions such as Autism, PTSD or Personality Disorders. Lotus is a locked unit but patients will be prescribed leave by their Consultant on an individual basis depending on their progress. The MDT work in collaboration together to create a personalised treatment plan for all patients.
The focus of our unit is to help patients recover from their eating disorders and gradually get them back into healthy eating behaviours and to be able to have a good relationship with food and their weight.
Some of our patients won't achieve recovery on the ward and will therefore agree to an appropriate BMI with the consultant and MDT to be discharged on, so they can continue with their recovery in the community. Our aim is to set up all the necessary work whilst in in-patient care and have a home team waiting to continue support when they are discharged.
Staff on Lotus are encouraged to support patients in practising, strengthening and generating coping strategies and skills learnt during their stay at the hospital.
Lotus ward aims to have a positive atmosphere and has an excellent reputation for care quality and in offering an attentive, friendly and homely environment.
Experience in a similar role isn't essential but is preferable. All you need to apply is the following;
- A strong sense of responsibility & ownership
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent written and face to face communication skills
- Flexibility and strong "can do" attitude
- Caring and attentive
- Strong relationship building skills
- Team player
- Ability to work in fast paced, lively, sometimes volatile situations
Why us? In return we'd like to give you:
- A competitive salary with enhancements for working on weekends, nights and overtime.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing by a further 2 days after 5 years' service.
- Opportunities to develop and progress in a wide variety of care settings. (Priory have a Career Pathway for every role within the business and provide fully funded courses to support you achieving your career aspirations)
- Free Parking on site
- Free meals on duty
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Disclosure check cost coverage
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Refer a friend bonuses
- Long service awards
This is fantastic opportunity to start your career with a supportive employer in a friendly, engaging environment. I you want more information on this, please get in touch and apply below.