The post holder will ensure a high standard of person-centered service delivery is achieved and maintained within the whole team in In patients. The post holder will work autonomously demonstrating effective management and leadership skills. The role is unit management and clinical leadership for In patients on behalf of the adults senior management team and unplanned care pathway lead. To lead the delivery of Inpatient services in line with the Trust’s strategic direction, ensuring the delivery of high value, patient centered, responsive and efficient patient care. A commitment to service redesign in line with best practice and commissioning intentions.
Main duties of the job
To be responsible for the smooth running of the 3 inpatient wards and there is consistency in quality of care delivered.
To ensure all units maintain the CQC standards of care.
To be part of the patient flow and discharge planning in the units.
To work with system partners on integrated care systems agenda's for intermediate care beds and neuro pathways.
Leading with compassionate leadership and provide supervision for Nursing and AHP staff.
Interview - 27th May
Working for our organisation
- A big thank you for considering joining us at Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust
- You’ll find it a great place to work with many benefits offered to you as a member of our staff
- We put our patients, their families and carers at the centre of our vision - Outstanding Services and Healthier Communities
- Our staff are proud to be Innovative, Caring and Agile in their work to help achieve the Trust vision
- We welcome diversity in our workforce and are interested in applicants from all backgrounds
- We don’t want you to miss out so we’d like you to know that if we have a high level of interest in this role, the vacancy may close prior to the advertised closing date, so please make your application as soon as possible - Apply now
You’ve made a great decision to apply to join to HCT - we’re looking forward to taking the next steps of the journey with you
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To provide clinical support and expertise to staff delivering assessments and management, including engagement with patients, carers, and other professionals on In patient units.
- To provide line management for Team/Clinical Leads and Highly Specialist clinical ANP'S and medical staff as required.
- To support the units in the delivery of Inpatient rehabilitation, patient flow and ensuring an integrated holistic approach, focused on meeting the needs of patients and their family/carers within the expected length of stay.
- To ensure rehabilitation care in the Inpatients are delivered in a highly professional and clinically safe manner and in accordance with local and national policies and procedures, including compliance with Care Quality Commission standards.
- To provide operational and clinical leadership to Team/Clinical Leads within areas of responsibility, ensuring implementation of and compliance with policies and procedures.
- To take responsibility for ensuring effective capacity and demand management across service areas, in order to meet patient needs without internal delays, in line with the wider service performance plan.
Whilst it is not a legal requirement, Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust encourages and supports all staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID-19.
Person specification Qualifications and Training Essential criteria
- Relevant professional degree or diploma
- Relevant post graduate education and training to this level
- Membership of clinical education networks.
Experience and Knowledge Essential criteria
- Demonstrable evidence of working in a senior clinical role
- Extensive experience working within a Rehabilitation Setting
- Completion of clinical audit cycle or research project.
- Management of incidents and incident management processes
- Knowledge of evidence based practice relevant to professional speciality
- Knowledge & understanding of provider organisations and NHS organisations
- Extensive experiences in In patient settings including neuro rehabilitation wards.
Skills and abilities Essential criteria
- Managerial experience and skills
- Highly specialist assessment, investigative and analytical skills
- Highly specialist and comprehensive clinical treatment skills
- Knowledge of strategic direction of the ICS and commissioners
Other Essential criteria
- Hold a full, valid, UK driving licence and have access to a car to use for business purposes (unless you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010)
We will communicate any interview arrangements with applicants via e-mail so it is advisable that you check the email address you give on your application on a regular basis.
Staff recruited from outside the NHS will usually be appointed at the bottom of the pay band.
In submitting an application form, you authorise Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust to confirm any previous NHS service details via the Electronic Staff Record Inter Authority Transfer process should you be appointed to the post.
Applications from qualified job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications, subject to you meeting minimum criteria of the role and salary threshold. Please visit the Gov.UK website for detail.