Join our team!
We are seeking to recruit four lecturers in Nursing (any nursing field), who are passionate about the development of the nursing profession and preparing future nurses! As a member of the nursing Subject Group, you will be joining a vibrant academic team who work with other colleagues across the school as part of a supportive, collaborative interprofessional community. You will be working with expert enthusiastic colleagues who are committed to providing an outstanding student experience on our nursing programmes, at all academic levels. As part of your role you will teach, assess, support students as a personal tutor and lead modules and programmes in the School; with initial support and the opportunity to add a teaching qualification, if you are new to Higher Education.
You will be supported in the role to further develop your own academic career in your identified academic pathway (Professional Practice, Learning & Teaching, Research or Business & Enterprise) through access to a range of resources available to all University staff and through a coaching approach to personal development. We work in an inclusive way and can support flexible and remote working. We will also consider applications for part-time time working, job sharing and secondments.
If you are excited at the prospect of joining our fantastic interprofessional team as a lecturer in nursing, then we’d love to receive an application from you!
- Doctoral level qualification, or undertaking/ willing to undertake a Doctorate
- Current registration with the relevant Professional Statutory Regulatory Body for the role
- Demonstrable evidence of teaching, assessing, and supporting learners in a higher education and/or clinical practice setting
- A growing research/scholarship profile including professional dissemination activity and/or peer reviewed publications
- Commitment to sustained continuous professional/academic development
- Experience of working clinically.
- Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy or a strong willingness to achieve membership within 2 years of appointment
- Evidence of applying for external funding
For more information on the position, please click on the apply button to view the full role profile.
How will we reward you?
In return, we offer a great working environment where we support ambition, recognise achievement and offer an attractive benefit package.
Further information about our benefits can be found by clicking on the apply button.
Salary: £40,927 – £50,296 per annum (Grade 6).
Application closing date: 5th June 2022
Interviews: 20th to 27th June 2022
For more general inquiries please click on the apply button for contact details.
Edinburgh Napier is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels proud, confident, challenged and supported and are holders of Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Diversity Champion status.