About The Role
What if you could improve the way you deliver urgent care to your patients – and at the same time improve your career prospects? When you join the multidisciplinary team in our Out Of Hours service (in Gloucestershire) – as self-employed, bank or salaried – you can.
As the largest independent provider of NHS services, Practice Plus Group is delivering a new model of Integrated Urgent Care that reduces pressures on services and staff. By bringing together NHS 111 call centres, clinical assessment and other urgent care services, we enable patients to access the right care, when they need it. It’s better for everyone.
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious and committed Advanced Nurse Practitioner who can independently prescribe. It’s a chance to simplify and speed up the way patients receive care – by assessing them, planning their care, administering treatment and discharging or referring them to other healthcare professionals or external agencies, via primary care centres and home visits. You will also be using our electronic prescribing system.
Based in our various Out Of Hours (OOH) sites (Gloucester, Stroud, Cheltenham and Cirencester) services, you’ll be working autonomously within your sphere of competency as part of a friendly and close-knit multi-skilled team that includes GPs, registered nurses, UCPs, mental health and dental nurses, prescribing pharmacists and pharmacy advisors.
We are proud of our strong, stable infrastructure that ensures clinical safety and facilitates senior-level support and guidance. You’ll benefit from regular supervision and education events, including weekly case discussions with the medical lead and bimonthly evening meals/clinical updates for the team (with external speakers invited). In addition to our bespoke Learning Management System, we offer discounted national update/clinical topic refreshers and a host of regional and national career development opportunities.
What you will get:
- Competitive pay rates/salary.
- Flexible working hours.
For salaried employees:
- 25 days’ annual leave (salaried full time equivalent), increasing with service up to 28 days per year + bank holidays.
- Practice Plus Group benefits including online shopping discounts and vouchers, pension, free eye tests, cycle to work schemes and more.
How we can Support You
- Regional and National career development opportunities
- Regular clinical supervision and education events, including the opportunity to have a weekly case discussion with the Medical Lead
- Bimonthly evening meals/clinical updates for the team, where we also invite external speakers
- Our bespoke Learning Management System to address your learning needs
- Discounted rates for national update/clinical topic refreshers
- Support from the wider team, should you need it.
What you will need:
- Recent experience as an autonomous advanced nurse practitioner in a primary/urgent care environment, with a proven ability to see, treat and discharge patients of all ages with unscheduled presentations.
- A patient assessment qualification, independent prescribing qualification and NMC PIN.
- Excellent listening and communication skills, with good IT and keyboard skills.
Practice Plus Group is passionate about great healthcare. We believe that anyone should be able to access excellent care, whether via the NHS or privately. Our breadth of expertise spans surgery, diagnostics, general practice, offender health and urgent care, with an unrivalled range of different services provided across the country. We’re proud to be at the forefront of developing new and exciting ways to support the nation’s health too, helping patients to maximise their wellbeing and live life to the full.
When you’re part of the Practice Plus Group team, you don’t just have a job. You have a career. We work with you to help you grow in your role and take your career in the direction you want to go. We’ll help you be the best you can be.
We want our team members to feel motivated and rewarded. So we offer a competitive package of pay and benefits. We also recognise the value of a healthy work-life balance – so we always try to be flexible, helping you fit your working life around your home life.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Practice Plus Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To find out more or to apply for this role please click on the APPLY Button.