The Portland Hospital have expanded their Paediatric service and we now have vacancies available for a Paediatric Staff Nurse to join the team in Neurorehabilitation and complex care or Surgical & complex care
As a Paediatric Staff Nurse, working in the Neurorehabilitation and complex care inpatient ward or Surgical inpatient ward, you will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of holistic care for children on our general surgical and medical ward.
You will be working to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research, evidence based practice and the developmental of additional clinical skills in the speciality.
If you have the following skills & experience, we would like to hear from you!
- NMC Child Registered Nurse with basic paediatric life support.
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues and clinical governance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
"Amazing team" is how one of our members of staff describes the 2nd floor at The portland Hospital.
You will be working in the Paediatric Neurorehab and Complex care ward (13 beds)
or Paediatric Complex Surgical ward (10 beds+ 4 Flex beds on 5th Floor)
- Paediatric Surgical Complex care ward admits:
-Major urology and reconstruction surgeries, Spinals including SDR, Cardiac, Orthopaedic including sports injuries, Cochlear Implants, Maxillo-facials including cleft lip and palate, ENT including reconstruction surgeries, Bariatric surgery, Neurosurgery
- Salary: £35,000-£39,000 inclusive per annum
- permanent (Shifts: Long days/Nights/weekends)
- Private Healthcare
- 33 annual leave days, inclusive of Bank holidays, with the option to buy an additional 10 days or sell 5
- matched pension contributions
- plus many more benefits
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.